🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

60 hours per week

Options

Comments

• Bryando
    Bryando Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I am wanting to save just short of £1000 per month to get something I want. A young guy so willing to make a sacrifice for a round two years to get what I want from my own work. The work in question is security. So nothing heavy like building etc thankfully!

I have been working on a zero hour contract and LOVE getting up and out the door going to work. Sitting on a bus with others en route to work. Knowing I am paying tax. Become addictive for some odd reason. Mental health folk I think are worried I become so hooked I become burnt out.
  • paddedjohn
    paddedjohn Posts: 7,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I work part time for 42 hours in my main job then do about the same on my own as a van man, if there were more hours in a day I'd work more.
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
  • Bogalot
    Bogalot Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Options
    Bryando wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I am wanting to save just short of £1000 per month to get something I want. A young guy so willing to make a sacrifice for a round two years to get what I want from my own work. The work in question is security. So nothing heavy like building etc thankfully!

I have been working on a zero hour contract and LOVE getting up and out the door going to work. Sitting on a bus with others en route to work. Knowing I am paying tax. Become addictive for some odd reason. Mental health folk I think are worried I become so hooked I become burnt out.

You may have missed my question. Are your health issues now resolved? Do you no longer require supervision to ensure you don't harm yourself?
  • Bryando
    Options
    Bogalot wrote: »
    You may have missed my question. Are your health issues now resolved? Do you no longer require supervision to ensure you don't harm yourself?

I still have me issues which change. DVLA still not giving me my licence back until 6 months is up, GP/consultant written to and I attend a ''medical'' with a Doc they appoint to see me.
  • Bogalot
    Options
    I still have me issues which change. DVLA still not giving me my licence back until 6 months is up, GP/consultant written to and I attend a ''medical'' with a Doc they appoint to see me.

You need to tell your employer about your difficulties, if you claim to be a risk to yourself they may have concerns about you working alone. You also need to tell the DWP regarding your DLA/ PIP claim.
  • Bryando
    Options
    I have no intent telling my employer owing to fear of discrimination and how it might impact upon myself . As for the DWP not sure what to do with them as I do still meet it (DLA)
  • Bogalot
    Options
    I have no intent telling my employer owing to fear of discrimination and how it might impact upon myself . As for the DWP not sure what to do with them as I do still meet it (DLA)

You need to tell one or the other.

You have a duty to inform your employer of health issues that might affect your ability to do your job. If you're confident that your health has no impact on your ability to work independently and with no supervision then there's no need to tell them, you're fit to do the job. But if that is the case then that contradicts your claim for DLA, that you say is due to a need for continual supervision so as not to harm yourself.
  • stuart30
    stuart30 Posts: 499 Forumite
    Options

Glad you dont work for me then...last thing id want from any of the guys i supervise is someone holding back important facts.

Certainly wouldnt discriminate,but offer any and all support i could if it was wanted/needed.

I used to work minimum 16hr shifts..quite often 24hr shifts and that was week after week after week.

Nearly killed myself doing it...did employer give a monkeys when work dried up,not a chance.

We need a Work/Life balance in security..not always easy but great when you manage to find it.

Tell your manager/Supervisor...they cant help if they are not aware mate.
  • Bryando
    edited 31 January 2017 at 7:03PM
    Options
    stuart30 wrote: »
    Glad you dont work for me then...last thing id want from any of the guys i supervise is someone holding back important facts.

Certainly wouldnt discriminate,but offer any and all support i could if it was wanted/needed.

I used to work minimum 16hr shifts..quite often 24hr shifts and that was week after week after week.

Nearly killed myself doing it...did employer give a monkeys when work dried up,not a chance.

We need a Work/Life balance in security..not always easy but great when you manage to find it.

Tell your manager/Supervisor...they cant help if they are not aware mate.

That is you mate. But there is endless folk out there that would give me jip via others roads. Hence why I NEVER disclose disability until I signed the contract. At that depends on if I have the upper hand and good grounds for official avenues. Use the law to my advantage and paid Solicitor just to confirm my flyness:T I play the daft person as find it works well in life. A protection thing Psychiatrist says .

BUT I rather avoid the crap of going against . So for me I will not disclose my mental illness and indeed know of a few others in life that fail to even the NHS being one.
  • Energize
    Energize Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    I would never tell my employer either, just asking to get discriminated against. At the end of the day with the economy as it is, you have to look out for yourself, regulations be damned.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport