Do we think this is legit?

Options
I've just had this email through, what are people's thoughts? It appears to be from this competition: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5574316&highlight=philippines

Don't wanna get my hopes up as it would be the first holiday I've ever won!

Dear ********,

Greetings from The Philippines Department of Tourism in London!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We would like to inform that you have won our Facebook competition held last December 2016 to January 2017. Before we could send any more information, we need to know that you are eligible for the prize holiday based on our terms and conditions stated on the website.

Please send us the following: your Full Name , birth date, passport validity and contact numbers. Please also confirm that you are citizen or a resident of the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Island and Isle of Man.

We shall wait for your reply and we will contact you once we have these details to confirm your eligibility and the prize holiday.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Comments

• hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • CK1223
    CK1223 Posts: 531 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I've ticked the comp in the link in my post so I think so!
    I so hope I've actually won, my partner was made redundant this week so we didn't think we'd be able to afford a holiday for another few years yet :D
  • okane_ga_nai
    okane_ga_nai Posts: 8,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I posted that competition and to me it sounds like you have won. The terms did say you had to be a resident of the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Island or Isle of Man.
    official rules
    They have had similar competitions before. I found their summer comp just after it ended. They have posted the past winners on twitter probably Facebook too. Congratulations!:T
  • CK1223
    CK1223 Posts: 531 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Woooo thank you so much okane ga nai! Off to frantically google pictures of the hotels and how much a beer costs in the Philippines :D
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,180 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Congratulations!:D
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    Yes I would say that was legit!!! HUGE CONGRATS....:j:j:j:j

xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business