Iva and credit rating

I'm just over a year into a 6 year iva.
Is there any way I can build my credit rating while I'm in an iva?

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Not really no.

Having an insolvency on your file is a big black mark on its own.

To be honest, don't worry about your credit file, it will heal with time.

Concentrate on paying off the debt first.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You can only build your credit rating (which is worthless) with paying back credit.

Wait until your IVA is finished and get a credit card for credit building.....if this is different debt that you built up in another country then I would forget credit for a decade or two as I dont think you understand about borrowing and repaying.
  • Hi nicnic87

My husband had an IVA and he struggled to get credit. He was successful with the likes of Vanquis and Aqua but it made no difference to his poor credit file. He was discharged from it in May last year and it's only now he is beginning to see an improvement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure