🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Phone photos accepted for online passport renewals - don't send selfies

Options
13»

Comments

• smudge56
    smudge56 Posts: 644 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 5 March 2017 at 9:03PM
    Options
    Aksta wrote: »
    Is this service still available and if so how do you use it? I am near the end of my online application but it still says that I will have to send in my photos :(
    It's only for straightforward adult renewals. You should be able to apply through the gov.uk website.
    https://passportapplication.service.gov.uk/ips-olc/
  • chocolateteddy
    Options
    I filled in all the forms online for our renewals. Little un's photo needed countersigning and the others refused to let me take their photos as they looked awful. So we had them done and they moaned even more especially the 15 year old as this will be her driving licence photo in a couple of years time.

I sent photos off with the forms on Wednesday 22nd Feb and received them all back on Monday 27th February. Really quick I was surprised. Not sure I like the sign when you receive it with a black ballpoint. I much preferred the scan of my signature but they obviously think this is more secure?!
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• smudge56
    Options
    It's not that it's more secure. It in preparation for completely online applications. Everything will be online in a few years time
  • vincit_veritas
    Options
    I had my photo taken against a brilliant white wall: it comes out looking pale grey in the photo anyway.

I was very impressed with the simplicity and speed of the online passport application process: my new passport arrive 8 days after my application, and maybe would have been even faster if I had posted off my old passport on the same day, instead of a day later.
  • lvgriffin
    Options
    I'm trying to apply for a renewal, a few weeks ago there was the option to upload my photo. Now when I try it just gives me the option of printing the form off and sending it along with printed photos... Seems like the upload your own photo option is no more!
  • skintdragon
    Options
    I'm having a moment... I have just completed the application online, paid the fee... but nowhere was there an option for uploading the mugshot? What happens now? I'm trying to get hold of someone but I keep getting to the call back service and it won't accept my mobile number :(
    :mad: Hindsight is a wonderful thing...
    :j One of Mike's Mob! yea!!!
    F
    inally settled full balance of RBS personal loan ahead of schedule on 10th August 2010 :money:

DEBT FREE AT LAST... BUT FOR HOW LONG?! :eek:
  • smudge56
    Options
    I'm having a moment... I have just completed the application online, paid the fee... but nowhere was there an option for uploading the mugshot? What happens now? I'm trying to get hold of someone but I keep getting to the call back service and it won't accept my mobile number :(
    Print off the form and sign it. Send it to your local passport office with two photos and your old passport
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport