Mercedes A Class with water in battery compartment

Options
2»

Comments

• Dakota_Deville
    Options
    Sounds like a dreaded eletrical fault and if this is the case, even with the best will in the world, diffuclt to detect
    ATB
  • Wc40
    Options
    I know your issue was a while ago, but I hope you can help me and tell me what the outcome was with your Mercedes a class. I have a 2006 Mercedes a class 150 and it went in the weekend because my heater wasn't working. While it was there I asked them to check my battery because I was having intermittent starting problems. I 've been told exactly the same as you was and to get rid of it now or it will start to cost me alot of money. I'm devastated as it's in good condition and as only done 55000. I love the car and can't afford a new one. So please can you tell me what you did. Thanks.
  • George_Michael
    Options
    Wc40 wrote: »
    I have a 2006 Mercedes a class 150
    it's in good condition and as only done 55000

That will be part of the problem.
    It means that you've only done an average of 5000 miles per year so the car has in all likelihood been sitting for fairly long periods without being driven so the engine compartment and the underbody are probably often damp and have little chance to dry out properly.
    Low mileage on an old car isn't really a good indication that the whole car is in good condition.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure