Clearscore rating

Options
2»

Comments

1978 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    I'm just starting to get my head around credit files, and the numbers don't mean much really.

My Clearscore rating went from 511 to 494 as a result of getting credit with EE.

It was a stop gap mobile internet solution as our ISP suddenly stopped proving service mid December and it was going to take 3 weeks to get set up with a new provider.

In the meantime our current mortgage lender has offered us a fairly poor rate on a new deal, despite us having 30%+ equity, and despite this Clearscore of ~500.

We're tied in for another few of months on the current deal so will try them again in March/April before applying elsewhere.
  • wils9536
    Options
    I hope you are right. I am in a steady job earning 40K+, I have about 5k on a card now because I have had to pay for a string of weddings and stag dos for various friends this year and we have been saving for a house. I recently changed credit cards to not pay any interest for 2 years to help that, we applied for a mortgage in principle in October, got it approved for more than we needed, now we are at the final stage awaiting detailed credit search and my ClearScore is showing 302 and I have NO IDEA why. Very concerned this will get me rejected. Experian shows a good credit rating, very strange.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No CRA score will get you rejected.

The contents of your file might.
  • andyca
    andyca Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry to grave dig this post but I've been nursing my Equifax for several years now... in that time my extended credit is a fraction of what it was, and my income has doubled. I'm convinced the 0-700 is bull as I'm on 559, everything green, 0 searches now and it hasn't budged for at least 4 years.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    andyca wrote: »
    Sorry to grave dig this post but I've been nursing my Equifax for several years now... in that time my extended credit is a fraction of what it was, and my income has doubled. I'm convinced the 0-700 is bull as I'm on 559, everything green, 0 searches now and it hasn't budged for at least 4 years.

You do know the thread is over a year old.

Your score is only seen by you and no 1 else so don't get too hung up on it.

What does Noddle and Experian/Mse club rate you as ?
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    andyca wrote: »

If you believe in credit scores then this is a very healthy figure. Mine is 474. However I can borrow or get excellent rates on balance transfer and money transfers at very low interest rates.
  • andyca
    andyca Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yeah I know it was an old post I was just looking up my score and it irked me it hadn't budged and that it was so far away from the mythical 700 :)
    Experian/MSE score is my avatar 999
  • Another month to reply.

And a month later the scores are still nonsense
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills