No going back....gaining £s and losing lbs...

Options
12346»

Comments

• Allotrope
    Allotrope Posts: 158 Forumite
    edited 19 February 2017 at 11:27PM
    Options
    Half term is over, sadly, back to school on Monday. But I've had a very productive few days. We've got my DDs French penpal coming over to stay for ten days at the end of March and I'm very aware that our house is a cluttered pit at times, and there's lots of little bits of DIY that need doing (and definite decluttering of the spare room as it's tiny!).

I also made the kids go through their DVDs (and I had a look at mine) and we have a bin bag full to take to Cex or list on music magpie next weekend.

House snagging to do list before French Penpal arrives

Put up blind in spare room - bought but not put up yet
    Put up blind in bathroom - DONE
    Get a shower fitted in bathroom (currently the only one is in my ensuite and I don't want a stranger wandering through!)
    Put doorhandle on downstairs loo (removed it when I got stuck in there a few months ago!)
    Put lock on downstairs loo
    Put lock on upstairs bathroom
    Declutter spare room wardrobe
    Declutter spare room
    Sell cd racks on Fbook (currently stored in spare room). DONE

In addition I built a new set of drawers for my bedroom for all my makeup and other stuff, and decluttered loads - I haven't done anything to my bedroom since we moved in 4 years ago - there's always other stuff to do first - and although there's still some to go, it looks so much better.

Money wise, I overspent by £10 (£70 instead of my normal £60) on the food budget this week, but will recoup that back from the eating out budget. Sold some bits on eBay and my CD racks for £20 so a little extra made.

Diet wise - still pants (currently eating birthday cake in bed,,,) but I have a plan for tomorrow and will post more about it then :)

Not ready for back to school, I'm feeling all relaxed and not at all ready, but better go to bed and try and mentally brace myself!
  • Allotrope
    Options
    Feb extra income update...

Ebay so far in Feb...£103.81 (Another two eBay sales... £12.79 and £3.15)
    Interest... 3.07 + 10.38 = 13.45
    Premium bonds win....£25
    Fbook sales £10
    Nectar points gained £15
    Mini survey £10 pets at home voucher

Total extra income this month: £177.26

Pending income (not yet arrived...)
    Swagbucks £20 amazon vouchers
    Swagbucks £10 PayPal voucher
    Sainsbury's energy £100 Sainsbury's voucher
    MSE energy switch cash back £30 (due May 2017)
    Sainsbury's Credit card nectar points £25
    Fbook sale (not yet collected) £10

Pending income total: £195
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well done on sorting out your pension - knowledge is power :T:T:T. Your plan sounds very sensible. If I was you though I'd be wanting to retire earlier :D. Here's hoping the private pension has increased a good bit. Maybe you could earmark that to fund you retiring fully at 66, then hopefully it will increase and get you to 65, 64, 63 etc. :T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure