PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Options

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been doing that gardening malarky again ... I've now got 3 small rubble sacks of leaves/etc ... that's only taken about 5 hours' work :)

It's been sunny today, but VERY breezy ...

Please come and do mine as well :)

It's breezy here as well but it is nice and sunny.

Are the choccies your tea, or a treat for having done all that work in the garden?
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,

I think I managed about 3 pages of my Kindle before I fell asleep and that was me out for the count for a couple of hours :o. Just had a cuppa, a natter and some crisps with my sister who popped round to collect her car en route to the SM. :)

Planned brunch of bacon & egg on toast was tasty but consequently I'm a bit lacking in the F&V department today.:o I've taken a portion of chicken wings out to defrost so will cook these with some jerk spice, mushrooms and a corn cob and use up the LO salad from last night. If CBA I'll make a dip to go with them with some of the smoked stilton lurking in the fridge.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please come and do mine as well :)
    I hate it, I'm rubbish at it. I was just hacking at random "pieces that were sticking out a bit more than the others" ... still needs more work, but it's a good start...

I "hate" the outdoors. I love the fact it's there to sit in ... but I don't do manual labour and I don't do hard things and I don't like the idea of muck/mud and creepy crawlies. And there are thistles and brambles to watch out for.

Are the choccies your tea, or a treat for having done all that work in the garden?

Well... I don't know. If I call them my treat for having done all that work, then I can legitimately say to myself "I need tea now - and I DESERVE to go and get another of those great chinese takeaways I discovered the other week" :)

Got to google streetview the road to get it's name to call it though.

So, sitting here umming and aaah-ing as to whether I should get a chinese - and, I think I should. I've been doing that "get outdoors" thing all day ... that cr4ppy and slack gardening could legitimately count as exercise.... and if I died tomorrow I'd regret not having the chinese.

So I think ... tonight .... tea is "S0d that awful muck you cooked 3 days ago .... that's lurking in the fridge. BUY a Chinese takeaway ... scoff it all ... enjoy every bit of it" :)

It's a biggun, well it was last time I bought from there (first time so I've no idea if what I got served was better/worse/the same as usual).

I'll now go and grope around in the trolley to see if I can rustle up £6-7 or so. I can't remember how much it was and they're not online.
  • poppystar
    poppystar Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Having a bad health day today - think drunken zombie (sadly without touching alcohol :( )

So breakfast was burnt toast and an avocado with a life of its own - I'd just scooped it all out when the biggest bit decided to leap floorwards - hah! I caught it …by stopping its fall with my body and the cupboard door. So then had to wash the latter and will have to wash the dressing gown I was wearing too grrrrrh!

Then zombie walked to the shops to get something healthy. Nice pieces of chicken bought which I'm really not now sure I'm safe cooking. Oh and two YS sponge puddings at 80p for 2 …which of course must be eaten today:)

PN what a productive day, well done!
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,244 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon folks, back from a sunny day at Wisley, lovley as usual. I used the Help desk this time, and now I know I have Enchanters Nightshade running wild in my garden. Bummer. Seems I may be able to make magic spells with it somehow, could add new depth to CFO :rotfl:

Ate out at Wisley, poncey sarnie style, not all that nice as I found the only bit of gristle in the sliced chicken :mad:. I'll take my own sarnies next time and jsut buy a cuppa

Popped into Morrisons just as chucking out time, wholemeal loaf for 15p, cheers, bread sorted for the week now

Used that to make a tuna / mayo sarnie, then made a cheese & cuc one just because I could, that should do me unless I have a banana later
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    Options
    PN - chinese takeaway definitely deserved after all that gardening;)
    Poppystar - can completely relate, go for an easy option tonight and rest up:)
    Farway - meant to say your Borage is beautiful:D, did you grow it from seed? I have ongoing problems with bindweed and horsetail though not in all of the garden so can sympathise re the nightshade hopefully it's not got too much of a grip..:mad:
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    edited 11 June 2017 at 6:22PM
    Options
    When I make a decision, I don't hang about. I've found them, phoned, ordered, got in the car and driven there (2.8 miles or so), gone in, collected, driven back, served up and eaten it already :)

There's still more than half left .... I'll have that tomorrow.

Tried their egg fried rice this time, not impressed, I could make that....

Total cost £7.30 for the main course + rice. And they give you a gazillion free prawn crackers! That's something I'd never order.... but I do like them.

The chicken bit wasn't as nice as last time - it's as if the dish were pulled from the pan JUST as the chicken was cooked, so it's entirely white, but had a slightly "not quite there" texture. Still scoffed it though.
  • poppystar
    poppystar Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    PN -
    Poppystar - can completely relate, go for an easy option tonight and rest up:)

Thank you, sometimes I do need telling:)

Decided that is the best option as just went to dry up my favourite dish and found myself holding just the tea towel and looking at a floor covered in bits of nice white china:(

Clumsy zombie … really mad at myself:mad:

So here's hoping I can safely eat a banana and some cooked meat and microwave a sponge pud!!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Options
    Just made a red lentil dahl, with a garlic wrap n salad, as am skint till Tues.It was fab though:)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • caronc
    Options
    When I make a decision, I don't hang about. I've found them, phoned, ordered, got in the car and driven there (2.8 miles or so), gone in, collected, driven back, served up and eaten it already :)

There's still more than half left .... I'll have that tomorrow.

Tried their egg fried rice this time, not impressed, I could make that....

Total cost £7.30 for the main course + rice. And they give you a gazillion free prawn crackers! That's something I'd never order.... but I do like them.

The chicken bit wasn't as nice as last time - it's as if the dish were pulled from the pan JUST as the chicken was cooked, so it's entirely white, but had a slightly "not quite there" texture. Still scoffed it though.
    Och that a shame that it wasn't as good as the last time:(
    poppystar wrote: »
    Thank you, sometimes I do need telling:)

Decided that is the best option as just went to dry up my favourite dish and found myself holding just the tea towel and looking at a floor covered in bits of nice white china:(

Clumsy zombie … really mad at myself:mad:

So here's hoping I can safely eat a banana and some cooked meat and microwave a sponge pud!!
    Just do what you can - I call mine "brain fog" days - it's like being very drunk and very hungover at the same time :mad: Hopefully you'll feel more like it tomorrow.
    candygirl wrote: »
    Just made a red lentil dahl, with a garlic wrap n salad, as am skint till Tues.It was fab though:)
    Oh I love dahl drool :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport