Can innoculations knock it out of kittens?

Options
My kitten has been for his 1st jabs today, had his claws trimmed, temperature taken:eek: , and was wormed at the same time.
Since we got home he has just slobbed around in his basket, on the back of the sofa and on the floor.
He has eaten a bit- got him some JWB for a treat on the way home but otherwise not bothered- even given the hamster a night off!:cool:

Is this normal?
:A 17/10/07-Started Rosemary Conley :A
Total loss so far= 4 stone 7lbs!
In the magazine Sept 08
:T

Comments

• bookemdano
    bookemdano Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How would you feel if you had a thermometer stuck up your backside:rotfl: needles stuck in you etc? I'm sure you would feel a little under the weather.
    I shouldn't worry to much but keep an eye on him/her. Should be fine in a day or two.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:
  • looby-loo_2
    Options
    Yes - kitens can be baddyly affected by jabs. and can end up very sick. Main thing to look for is weepy eyes.
    In your case I wouldn't worry yet - mush too soon for the weepy eyes to show. Hopefully he's just tired after his big day out

google - cat immunizations problems
    Doing voluntary work overseas for as long as it takes .......
    My DD might make the odd post for me
  • Jo6673
    Jo6673 Posts: 825 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmm that'll be why he's ignoring me and giving me filthy looks - at least his claws aren't so sharp now if he decides to resort to violence in the middle of the night!

Thanks looby- he already has sticky eyes- the vet says this will be because he was a rescue kitten and was nursed back from cat flu when he was tiny, so they will be like that- I just wipe those for him, but I'll watch to see if they change
    In the magazine Sept 08
  • tankgirl1
    tankgirl1 Posts: 4,252 Forumite
    Options
    its perfectly normal for them to be under the weather for a day or so after their vaccs - he'll probably be back to normal and doing naughty kitteny things again tomorrow! If it persists for more than a day or two though, or if you're worried, just give your vet a call and they'll be able to put your mind at rest/tell if there is a prob
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

RIP POOCH 5/09/94 - 17/09/07
  • spookylukey
    Options
    My two were under the weather for a day or so, very quiet and not as playful as normal. I was worried at the time but what I'd give now for them to be 'quiet' for just one day!
  • Jo6673
    Jo6673 Posts: 825 Forumite
    Options
    thanks guys he's near enough back on form now- very cuddly at the moment which is lovely!
    Got round 2 to go through in 3 weeks and then the big snip:eek:
    In the magazine Sept 08
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts