Combi boiler replacement quote

Options
Looking to replace a rather unreliable 28kw combi boiler (currently located in the upstairs airing cupboard, with a vertical flue which comes out on the roof) with a Worcester Bosch, and just got the following quote from a local company.

VERSION A
1. Remove & dispose old boiler & controls. Remove existing flue run with roof vent secured in situ. All waste removed from site by ourselves as registered waste carriers.

2. Powerflush existing system to remove contaminants.

3. Supply & install a Worcester Bosch 30SI COMBI ERP boiler, a Wors

4. Supply & install a Worcester Bosch system magnetic filter next to boiler.

5. Supply & install a Sesi electrolytic scale inhibitor next to boiler.

6. Supply & install a Center wireless programmable roomstat.

7. Commission the boiler in accordance with Worcester Bosch instructions, including protection using Center products.

8. Upgrade gas pipe from at meter by replacing lead pipe.

9. Supply & install VERTICAL flue system comprising vertical adaptor, extension pieces, 45 degree elbows, support clamps, roof flue & pitched roof slate.

Price: £3295 (inc.) + c.£750 scaffolding = c. £4050.

VERSION B
They also offered an alternative scenario whereby it was installed in a bedroom cupboard rather than the airing cupboard, and connected via horizonal flue to the outside to avoid the need for scaffolding, and in that case the total quote was £2995 (inc.)

To me these look rather on the high side, and I'm in the process of getting other local quotes, but I'd be interested to hear some opinions.

Comments

• Plumber90
    Plumber90 Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How long is the flue, how long is the gas run, how many rads do you have to be powerflushed, what part of the country are you in?

All these parts and more play a factor into the price?
  • karvala
    karvala Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

Standard 3-bed terrace in the East Midlands so nothing excessive in terms of lengths and a relatively cheap area of the country (house was only around £100k to give you an idea).

Gas pipe comes vertically from downstairs meter, then maybe 3 metres to the airing cupboard in which the boiler is situated. I don't know the specific length of the flue, but it will be a standard fit from the boiler on the first floor, directly vertical through the loft to the roof same as all the houses around here. Loft access is straightforward.

Just 6 radiators in total, all to be powerflushed.
  • southcoastrgi
    Options
    Scaffolding to replace a vertical flue :rotfl::rotfl:

If they won't get on the roof then employ a roofer for an hour
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • Eric_Disley
    Options
    That quote looks on the high side to me.

It's a Worcester boiler, which isn't cheap, but you're replacing a combi with another combi so there shouldn't be a great deal of work to fit it? A power flush might not be necessary.

I'd have thought £2000-£2500 was nearer the mark? Based on the £2250 I've been quoted to replace a back boiler with an (Ideal Logic 30) combi.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure