IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Vehicle Control Services - Stopped on a roadway where stopping is prohibited

Options
13»

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    What precedent? Whilst county court judgments may be persuasive, especially if laid down by a senior circuit judge, they don't set precedents.
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    if the claimant - VCS or BW Legal - do not file a claim could a person who receives a parking charge notice letter issue a claim straight away?
    For what exactly?
  • nwilko101
    Options
    the parking prankster site states:
    "The case of VCS v Phillip C9DP2D6C has already established that a charge on this site for stopping is not valid, and that a claim for a data protection breach in the region of £250 might be awarded."
    Thus, if a person receives an invoice from CVS for stopping on Liverpool Business Park, is it not logical for such a person to claim for DPA breach and distress when there was clearly no reasonable cause to obtain the defendant's personal information
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,370 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thus, if a person receives an invoice from CVS for stopping on Liverpool Business Park, is it not logical for such a person to claim for DPA breach and distress when there was clearly no reasonable cause to obtain the defendant's personal information
    Could do, but in the small claims court it's entirely up to each individual judge. The above case does not set a precedent, but would be useful evidence to include in any defendant's submissions.

We've seen judges make polar opposite judgments in what appear to be very similar cases.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport