I'm Back - and better! Final Push to Go...

Options

Comments

• Exerbusi2
    Exerbusi2 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Zippygeorgeandben!

Good day thank you - although I'm feeling pretty tired today! Nothing a good sleep won't fix mind.

If your partner is happy, then that's a good thing. At least if one of you is doing what you can to keep finances tidy, there's perhaps a little wiggle room to allow one person to be slightly worse off.

As for my shed, it hasn't been built yet - there's a couple of reasons...

1. It's a purely outside job and we've had some pretty grim weather!
    2. The guy who is helping me do it has got a big job he's currently working on, so we have to wait for that to be finished (could be the summer).

I'm actually OK with that fact that it's not built - it gives me time to save up a little more money for it and allows me to keep paying off my CC!

Of course I'll make you something from it when it's done - just be prepared to wait because it may be a good while yet!

I sent an email about money I was owed by a client, which was actually £630. That is being paid by the end of the month, which is great. It's now just a question of chasing up another payment I'm owed, which will put my in a comfortable (ish) position for the rest of the month!

Next month, I'll be taking a payment of at least £1200 for a project, so at least 50% of that will go on CC repayment!
    Loan [STRIKE]£5000[/STRIKE] £0; Overdraft [STRIKE] £700[/STRIKE] £0
    Savings [STRIKE]£0[/STRIKE] +£1500; Share Portfolio [STRIKE]£0[/STRIKE] +£4000
    £0 Credit Card [STRIKE]£6800[/STRIKE] £1700
  • zippygeorgeandben
    Options
    Hello. Did you notice I managed to quote certain parts of your previous post? I've learnt that skill now.
    I'll have a think what I'd like you to make for me.
    The rate you are going at paying off debts, well you'll be a DFW nerd and this post will automatically close!
    I've posted 3 things on eBay today, hopefully someone will buy.
    Anyway, 29 days until the end of March and payday!
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • Exerbusi2
    Options
    Hello. Did you notice I managed to quote certain parts of your previous post?
    I did! Well done!
    I've posted 3 things on eBay today, hopefully someone will buy.
    That would be fantastic if they did - then it makes debt repayment a more controllable 'thing' than just waiting for payday then making payments!

By building your income it's such a more manageable task.
    Anyway, 29 days until the end of March and payday!
    If you keep selling on eBay it won't be a problem!
  • zippygeorgeandben
    zippygeorgeandben Posts: 1,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 March 2017 at 1:03AM
    Options
    Evening to you Exerbusi2, three days gone in March already! I've been looking at my bank account and I currently have a balance of £1800 (and everything apart from the VirginCC (£200) has come out. If I can have another decent month, I'm hoping I'll be able to make an extra payment to perhaps the Zopa or Tesco. I may even update my signature for the date that snowball calculator says I'll be debt free (or I'll forget, think it was like Apr 2019 or something like that).

Ok - i've just snowballed. According to this it will take me 24 months to pay these debts off at the current rate. The last payment scheduled for April 2019. I obviously want to try and save a couple of months. I'm sure I will because I've done the figures with the VirginMoney 0% running out in July 2017 (like signature says) but I have this BT card coming through at some stage. However I'm losing a bit of patience as I sent it on the 5th February and not heard back. I have resent the forms etc.
    This is my plan. Please bear with me everyone!
    1) Sainsburys CC comes through in the post. It has a £6500 limit for 25 months 0% with no BT fee.
    2) I transfer the £2800 full balance from the Virgin CC plus £3700 from the Zopa loan of £4577.65 to the Sainsburys CC.
    3) I pay off the remaining £877.65 Zopa balance from my current account to clear it.
    4) I then set up repayments of the £6500 BT to clear the card within the 24 months. (£270.83pcm)
    5) I continue to pay but now overpay the Tesco loan.
    6) Don't forget to cut the Sainsburys card up because it's not for purchasing!

Questions in my head are as follows;
    1) I might have less to pay off the Zopa loan as it was front loaded.
    2) I'm not sure how much money I'd be paying each month with this new structure. I'd be paying £270.83 off the SainsburysCC, leaving £400 to pay off the Tesco Loan each month, a more sizeable about than currently.
    Did you follow all this?!

Doing another quick snowball, with this version it says I'd be debt free in Nov 2018 so shaving 6 months off it. I've probably done it wrong though!

I've got this 60th this weekend. I'm thinking I'll buy a couple of rounds and then the meal out so maybe over the weekend (and including taxis), £150.
    Have a good weekend.
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • Exerbusi2
    Options
    Hi Zippygeorgeandben!

So that plan sounds really sensible - your cash balance is pretty solid, so I think what you are doing sounds good. You'll essentially get rid of one of your debts (admittedly it's moved, rather than paid off, but a big chunk of it will have been paid off). The other thing is that way, you'll only have 2 payments to make rather than 3, which feels cleaner somehow.

I'd certainly chase up the BT card with a few phone calls. It's been going on too long.
  • Exerbusi2
    Options
    Today I've paid another £70 off my CC, bringing my balance down to £4,600. I didn't really intend to pay that much off, but I've done it to bring my thinking straight again.

I was out last night with friends and it was actually a relatively cheap night - I spent £30 in all! I did waste about £20 in the day on silly purchases though, so I paid more off the CC as a 'punishment' so to speak!

I had some good news this week about a project I'm working on - there's another person who has signed up for it, so I'm guaranteed an extra £150 from it, which is nice! I could be looking at a £2000 payment, which would be amazing!

I have a few little small income streams at the moment, which I'm hoping will turn into rivers soon!
  • zippygeorgeandben
    Options
    Hey Exerbusi2 hope you had a nice night out with friends. Well Saturday night as a total cost for me was about £80. Tough decisions I had to make were as follows;
    1) I declined to pay for the two peoples' birthday meals which brought my bill from £79 to £50. I want to say 'couldn't afford'. Yes I could afford but others would say, 'yes but you have £15k of debt'. Yesterday I was having a moral dilemma about this.
    2) My partner and I got the tube to and from the venue, this cost me £6. Uber would have been about £22.
    3) The £20 I had which were from candle sales went on the round that I bought so in my 'budget' head, it was free because I didn't withdraw any cash, and basically paid with assets.

I'm really hoping to hear from Sainsburys this week. I might actually ring them on Wed/Thursday.
    Hope you are well, keep paying off that CC! Their automated payment system won't be able to keep up at this rate!
  • Exerbusi2
    Options
    Hey Exerbusi2 hope you had a nice night out with friends.
    I did thanks! I don't do it too often so I enjoyed it a lot!
    Well Saturday night as a total cost for me was about £80. Tough decisions I had to make were as follows;
    1) I declined to pay for the two peoples' birthday meals which brought my bill from £79 to £50. I want to say 'couldn't afford'. Yes I could afford but others would say, 'yes but you have £15k of debt'. Yesterday I was having a moral dilemma about this.
    You had your reasons - I wouldn't worry about it. One could argue the extra spending was what caused the debt in the first place. It's looking after number one eh?
    3) The £20 I had which were from candle sales went on the round that I bought so in my 'budget' head, it was free because I didn't withdraw any cash, and basically paid with assets.
    I like your style! I do this myself occasionally! It makes treat extra nice!
    Hope you are well, keep paying off that CC! Their automated payment system won't be able to keep up at this rate!
    I'm good thanks! My project next month has 10 people taking part, which is great - means I should be picking up a payment of around £1800, which will almost all go on the CC, with maybe around £500 going into the tax fund!

Working on a couple of other projects too, which I'm hoping will bear fruit soon!

This weekend my girlfriend and I are off to Bath for a nice weekend break, which I'm really looking forward to!

How are you doing?
  • zippygeorgeandben
    Options
    Hello Exerbusi2 you just beat me to it with your post. We've made page 5 of your diary now. I'd like to think I'm responsible for at least 2 pages worth of that.
    I updated my original December post on the Loans board yesterday. Someone suggested starting my own diary but I said I'd already hijacked someone elses (i.e you!).
    Yes I'm not bad - in my spreadsheet I have started to write down what I saved each day through making decisions.
    I'm annoyed that something I sold on eBay he has requested a refund for, because he didn't realise it was collection only. Honest mistake however it is all over my listing that it's collection only. I also don't really understand how I get my fees back as I had already transferred his funds from paypal to my bank account. It might work itself out by the time I next respond to you.

I worked out yesterday how much I spent on candles in 2016. This figure doesn't include Paypal amounts where it just says Paypal but it's £1245.16. I imagine the paypal is probably an extra 250-300 on top. I'm making a saving right there aren't I!
    Egypt is nearly paid for. Sent £250 to sister last month. We are drawing £400 out of our savings pot meaning I just have to find £150 this month to pay for it all. I won't spend when out there as it's all inclusive (taking my own Jack Daniels though!)

I can see that we are both still head strong tackling our debt. Your projects sound like they are really going well. We'll both look back on this thread in months to come and be proud of what we are/having achieved. Although I'm not quite sure what I'll do (or where I post) when you get rid of that CC of yours!
    I'll be lost...
    I won't wish you a nice time yet as the weekend as miles away!
    I love the positivity we give each other. It's working well.
  • zippygeorgeandben
    Options
    Hope all is well Exerbusi2!
    Have a good time in Bath!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure