Swagbucking into 2017

Options

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    thanos23 wrote: »
    I got fed up and have emailed Swagbucks about falsely claiming Amazon gift cards (and probably others) are still on sale, even though they've just put them up:

https://www.asa.org.uk/news/making-price-comparisons-with-previous-prices.html

Be interesting to see if they can even be bothered to respond...

They are still "on sale" just not as much of one - the full price for £5 Amazon is 849 and they are 720 at the moment.
    Perhaps technically they should put the price back up to 849 before reducing it to 720 but I would rather they didn't (same applies to almost all the gift cards re "normal" price and the price they are now)
  • thanos23
    thanos23 Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    Boodedoo wrote: »
    They are still 'on sale' and 'are', as advertised, 15% less than the original price of 849SB for £5 Amazon card.
    I doubt that uk law would mean much to a company based in the US and it would be impossible to enforce it.

I enjoyed the 'extra' sale while it lasted, but it was billed as being an extra discount for a few weeks. I don't think they have misled anyone, intentionally or otherwise.

It was more than 28 days at 620, so that it now regarded as the price and should be used for any comparison, therefore there's been a price increase. Also, it's nearly a year since the 849 was used, so that can't be used as the basis for the discount. As to where they are based, unfortunately you may be correct on that one...
  • Raffers
    Raffers Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    An excellent start to the New Year. After a couple of barren surveyless days, I have just completed an IT-related survey for 400 SB! (30999598)! ��
  • thanos23
    thanos23 Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    They are still "on sale" just not as much of one - the full price for £5 Amazon is 849 and they are 720 at the moment.
    Perhaps technically they should put the price back up to 849 before reducing it to 720 but I would rather they didn't (same applies to almost all the gift cards re "normal" price and the price they are now)

No, they're very clearly not. The 'full price' is unequivocally not 849, it is too old for them to be quoting against. They haven't been that price since March so far too old for them to use that and falsely claim they are having a sale.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm still doing daft noob things, I'm afraid (and I'm double noob, as I've not had a proper smartphone before, and used apps) ... my latest ridiculous query is about the apps and how they link in to SB.

I've been using the main app for SB to get 10 points a day for watching videos; so far, so good. Now, I've successfully installed indymusic.tv and SBTV. But when I try to log in to them, everything goes pear shaped: with one email, it says I already have an account, and with the other, it says its invalid information.

Are you supposed to log in to the apps with your SB ID? If I've messed up, can I just uninstall and reinstall? All suggestions (and criticisms, oops) gratefully received.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    thanos23 wrote: »
    No, they're very clearly not. The 'full price' is unequivocally not 849, it is too old for them to be quoting against. They haven't been that price since March so far too old for them to use that and falsely claim they are having a sale.

That's why I said perhaps they should put the price back up to 849 before they reduce it to 720 - certainly not something I want them to do but all they would need to do to be compliant.
  • Boodedoo
    Boodedoo Posts: 480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I'm still doing daft noob things, I'm afraid (and I'm double noob, as I've not had a proper smartphone before, and used apps) ... my latest ridiculous query is about the apps and how they link in to SB.

I've been using the main app for SB to get 10 points a day for watching videos; so far, so good. Now, I've successfully installed indymusic.tv and SBTV. But when I try to log in to them, everything goes pear shaped: with one email, it says I already have an account, and with the other, it says its invalid information.

Are you supposed to log in to the apps with your SB ID? If I've messed up, can I just uninstall and reinstall? All suggestions (and criticisms, oops) gratefully received.

you use the email address (or swagname) and password that you use to log into the Swagbucks site.

Do make sure that you use the 'log in to my account' screen rather than the 'sign up' screen (its often difficult to differentiate as they kind of look the same) as if you have used the sign up screen that would result in the 'you already have an account' message

If you get the 'invalid details' message then check what you have typed in as the user name, if that is correct then the problem is with your password, delete what you have have put in for that and try again, slowly and carefully, typing on a small screen often results in typos.

Good luck with it :-)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thank you Boodedoo, much appreciated - it's always this kind of detail that trips me up :o
  • andrewsummers
    Options
    It's good that the apps are now working without excess adverts (though I doubt this will last long) but is anyone having problems with EngageMe.tv? For me it's not crediting at all...
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Indymusic videos are now playing on my phone :):):)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport