We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Swagbucking into 2017

Comments

• trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,488 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    I had a mastercard fail on self invoicing to paypal yesterday but one had worked late thursday, i've just retried it and it worked this time so there may have just been a glitch
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • I had a mastercard fail on self invoicing to paypal yesterday but one had worked late thursday, i've just retried it and it worked this time so there may have just been a glitch
    Okay, I tried both cards on O2 yesterday and one of them again this morning which failed each time (I didn't bother to try the second one on o2 this morning as I assumed it would also fail again) thanks for the info.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I am baffled by today's instant poll. I am not sure what grade school is and my date is showing as Dec 08 2017.

Swagbucks are American and only make minor allowances for the UK.

Apparently Grade School is elementary school. The date has the month written first, 8th month followed by 12th day. According to the TodayIFoundOut youtube channel, nobody actually knows why they do that.
  • thisone wrote: »
    Apparently Grade School is elementary school. The date has the month written first, 8th month followed by 12th day. According to the TodayIFoundOut youtube channel, nobody actually knows why they do that.
    At a guess, it might be because it follows the common way of saying "August 11th", although obviously it's just as easy to say "11th August" - who knows, obviously size/length order makes for more sense, but it's American, don't look for logic! :p
  • shazzylou
    shazzylou Posts: 271 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary First Post
    A rare weekend where I not only made my target, but I made it within half an hour. :beer:
  • acc
    acc Posts: 463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Swag Code Alert! BandQ in the Swag Code box until 2PM BST to earn 2SB.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary Rampant Recycler First Post Name Dropper
    Ugh, no surveys again today. Just wanted my time a daily for 70 that stopped working after about 15 mins through. It was a KV something or another on mobile phones. Avoid it!!!!!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• wishfire
    wishfire Posts: 308 Forumite
    I am baffled by today's instant poll. I am not sure what grade school is and my date is showing as Dec 08 2017.

Grade school is KS2,3 and 4. The last year of their high school is k-12 (last grade)
  • juliesg
    juliesg Posts: 1,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Need a cheap phone to run swagbucks apps mine too old now :( any suggestions
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    juliesg wrote: »
    Need a cheap phone to run swagbucks apps mine too old now :( any suggestions
    Cheap payg phones from Vodaphone. Can be used wifi only or you'll have to use them for 30 days on Vodaphone at a cost of £10 before they can be legally unlocked. Can be bought from Amazon if you're not going to unlock.
    Beware they only have 4GB of memory which is only just about enough. Pays for itself in about 2 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.