IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye

Got a parking fine through the post today from Parking Eye.

I did park for over the 2hrs permitted but wondered if anyone knew if I had grounds for appeal (as paying by 6th Jan reduces fine to £60 from £100 so don't want to miss that deadline by appealing if I don't have valid grounds for appeal).

I parked up at a Welcome Break motorway service station as I was driving half asleep for a 20 minute doze to refresh myself but I properly fell asleep and woke up 2 and a half hours later! I was clocked entering the service station 2hrs 44mins before then leaving.

Would anybody who knows anything about this stuff suggest just paying or writing an appeal?

Comments

• gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Its not a fine its an invoice
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 29 December 2016 at 7:40PM
    plenty of MSA threads on here from this year you can research

and please read the NEWBIES sticky thread and appeal it as KEEPER , without revealing who was driving , so edit post #1 now as well

refer to the driver as "THE DRIVER" in post #1

the ideal cancellation is by the MSA themselves but again , only complain as KEEPER, but refer to what the driver did or didnt do or see

which idiot told you it was a fine ?

no private parking company can fine anyone in the UK , but they can issue an INVOICE like you have received

all MSA,s have a 2 hour free parking limit , and yes we know its unfair and should be much longer in cases of tiredness etc

and make sure you dont miss the deadline to appeal to PE on their site, using the blue text template

you can also see this "rape and pillage" approach here in the latest pranksters blog that contains your MSA plus others (and hospitals etc too)

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/parkingeye-employee-reveals-their-rape.html
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The Newbies Sticky covers PE appeals/POPLA in detail - start by reading it carefully and don't use the f-word here again!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,414 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    dlk wrote: »
    Got a parking fine through the post today from Parking Eye.

I did park for over the 2hrs permitted but wondered if anyone knew if I had grounds for appeal (as paying by 6th Jan reduces fine to £60 from £100 so don't want to miss that deadline by appealing if I don't have valid grounds for appeal).

I parked up at a Welcome Break motorway service station as I was driving half asleep for a 20 minute doze to refresh myself but I properly fell asleep and woke up 2 and a half hours later! I was clocked entering the service station 2hrs 44mins before then leaving.

Would anybody who knows anything about this stuff suggest just paying or writing an appeal?

If you read the NEWBIES FAQS thread near the top of the forum (where you clicked 'new thread') you will find that there are always grounds to appeal and complain. Some WB Service Facilities managers will cancel these if you email or phone and explain you were sleeping. Google the name of that WB Services and try that - urgently, now - as well as appealing to PE, by using the template in the NEWBIES thread., NOT your own version giving away the driver (NOPE).

Also, please look at post #3 of the NEWBIES thread and find the linked example of a PE PCN which does NOT mention 'keeper liability' and the POFA 2012 (the version with a blank space at the bottom). Compare yours, it is like that? POFA or non-POFA? It is IMPORTANT.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure