Gladstones Letter - SmartParking

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
6 replies 595 views
posie12356posie12356 Forumite
7 Posts
I have just received this letter, it was unopened mail from 14th December - https:// postimg.org/ image/ 3upjygrnj/ (remove the spaces)

It is in relation to a parking charge notice for overstaying a supermarket car park by 15 minutes in March 2016. I was under the impression its best to ignore, as I have done in years before. So have repeatedly ignored letters, which they stopped sending a few months back.

But I have now received this letter from a solicitors..

Can anyone give advice about what I should do?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• edited 29 December 2016 at 3:15PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    35K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 December 2016 at 3:15PM
    firstly , acquaint yourself with the NEWBIES sticky thread so you understand what should have been done and why

IGNORE has not been correct for england and wales since october 2012 when POFA2012 came into effect, so over 4 years ago , so have you been hiding under a rock ? or is this scotland or N Ireland which have no POFA2012 ?

as you have a GLADSTONES letter, search this forum using the forum search box and GLADSTONES or other search words to find similar threads and posts and then follow the same advice given to those scores of other members who have had similar issues

also check its a real GLADSTONES letter and not from a debt collector pretending to be gladstones

check it against the examples on the BMPA zendesk for example

edit

looks like a DRP letter to me , especially as its red cow GLADSTONES and not their new gold course address (so NOT a solicitors letter) , plus DRP is mentioned dozens of times

https://postimg.org/image/3upjygrnj/

so please read this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • pappa_golfpappa_golf Forumite
    8.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is from the dept collection department at red cow yard , the solisitors section is located at a completly defferent address , also note who the money has to (??) be paid to

254508 tickets issued in the first half of this year , number of court cases : 0

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Smart_Parking.html

same as last year and the year before , a very good deterant company to hire
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Thanks for your replies!!

Sorry a total novice to this - I hadn't received a parking charge notice since around 2008, so was unclear on the new regulations regarding POFA2012.

Have read through the thread you mentioned - so just to confirm, the advice is the ignore this letter as its from debt recovery plus pretending to be Gladstones...and under no circumstances post a new thread about it (to save admins sanity)?
  • pappa_golfpappa_golf Forumite
    8.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    basicly DR+ are useing gladstones (trash) notepaper , gladstones own one of the trade authorities , the IPC , smart parking use the other one , called the BPA

DR+ use several names , check off the addresses at the bottom and play snap

its VERY unlikely that this would go to court , and VERY VERY unlikely that smart would get involved with gladstones <spit>

only return , if you get actual court papers (you can then break smarts cherry) , not threats of "we will reccomend" from debt collectors
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Thanks pappa golf, your advice has been invaluable.

Have a great New Years!
  • MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Smart Parking are known as Not So Smart Parking on here - and there's a damned good reason for that :)
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals