IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Urgent!! Defence needed by 6th january -excel

charleeboo
charleeboo Posts: 22 Forumite
edited 29 December 2016 at 2:45PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I'm posting on behalf of someone else.

My sister parked in a car park owned by Sports Direct. Its parking is overseen by excel. Last year, my sister was temporary Christmas staff at sports direct and was told by her manager to park there, not pay the fee and ignore anything that came of it. He said the signage was wrong and didn't have planning permission and there was no permission for the number plate recognition camera either.
She stopped working there at the beginning of January and she received her first letter at the end of January for a parking offence at the beginning of December. She stupidly threw the letter away as her manager advised to ignore it. Fast forward to now and she has received court papers. She has acknowledged the paper work and has until 6th January to submit a defence. She has emailed various places for help with it but not received anything back,hence the small deadline. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Is this Cavendish Retail Park?
  • Yes, its Cavendish retail park
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    use advanced edit on post #1 and change the thread title to something more meaningful and urgent

and maybe read the thread by lamilad as well as others about this place too
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 December 2016 at 1:48AM
    charleeboo wrote: »
    I'm posting on behalf of someone else.

My sister parked in a car park owned by Sports Direct. Its parking is overseen by excel. Last year, my sister was temporary Christmas staff at sports direct and was told by her manager to park there, not pay the fee and ignore anything that came of it. He said the signage was wrong and didn't have planning permission and there was no permission for the number plate recognition camera either.
    She stopped working there at the beginning of January and she received her first letter at the end of January for a parking offence at the beginning of December. She stupidly threw the letter away as her manager advised to ignore it. Fast forward to now and she has received court papers. She has acknowledged the paper work and has until 6th January to submit a defence. She has emailed various places for help with it but not received anything back,hence the small deadline. Any help would be appreciated.

Ask Lamilad for the Facebook page group about this place, he is active there as he won a case at Skipton court recently.

Also see this:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=109279

And you can show her Lamilad's thread which shows his defence and later, his witness statement:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5478608

Keep updating this thread or ask the defendant to do so, show us her defence once she has looked at Lamilad's and similar ones. She should include mention of that email in her defence and she should contact that person at Sports Direct insisting that they are liable for her losses, as their staff member instructed her to ignore the PCN, and so what redress are they going to offer? Ask assertively, will they now get this cancelled or does she have to go to the press, or sue Sports Direct for any loss (but do not then wait, she MUST also put in a defence as well).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure