Fantastic deal on a new Peugeot 307 cc 2.0 138 bhp

mjw114_2
mjw114_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
Just purchased a brand new 307 cc uk stock and main dealer. Deal was so good that my mate has bought one as well. Shopped around and it couldn't be touched...

Peugeot have a deal at present for 0% finance over 3 years on their 307 cc until end of May, including the passport program

Found a small family dealer called Glovers at Ilkley, who will do the car at £249 + pennies deposit and the same £249 for 36 months at 0%. The final payment is £7749 or hand car back.

Had final payment anyway as deposit so that will sit in bank earning, and i'll take 0% interest on balancev over 3 years.

The dealer bent over backwards to assist me with spec, and you get that personal touch of a small dealership...

Details below :j

Glovers of Ilkley

Address Skipton Road (Sales)
Ikley LS299HN
Phone number 01943 432300

Or find dealer on

https://www.peugeot.co.uk

Comments

• nickbooth_2
    nickbooth_2 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Hardly surprising given the 307's results in the JD Power survey. (I assume the cc is just as bad?)

Peugeot should be ashamed of their product and their dealer network.

...Nick B
    something missing
  • mjw114_2
    Nick

I ackknowledge what you say, I can only speak as i find. I have had a number of peugeots in past and I have never had any problems...

regards
  • biblejohn
    biblejohn Posts: 553 Forumite
    Id watch the servicing costs as they vary drastically from dealer to dealer. A friend of mine just went to service his peugeot and was quoted £200 more by one local peugeot dealer compared to the peugeot dealer in the next down for an identical major service. After a lot of complaining, the more expensive dealer decided to match the other dealers price but still couldnt explain why they were charging £200 more for identically the same service.
  • abomb1969
    abomb1969 Posts: 440 Forumite
    Very crudely thats £16,713. Out of interest what engine is it? Best 2.0 price I could find with an internet broker just shy of £19k so if its a 2.0 you got a cracking deal.

If its a 1.6 how does it go, I heard they were a bit slow and is the dash really plasticy or look ok.

Quite interested in one of these myself.
    This signature is not mine!
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    i will move this over to the motoring board, as its not really a grab it deal :)
  • mjw114_2
    Sorry

Just learning, put it on grab it as it ends at end of may and the number of cars in the country are running out fast

TO ANSWER ONE OF POSTS ABOVE it's the 2.0 138 bhp :o:o
  • nickbooth_2
    nickbooth_2 Posts: 53 Forumite
    mjw114 wrote:
    Nick

I ackknowledge what you say, I can only speak as i find. I have had a number of peugeots in past and I have never had any problems...

regards

Same here - owned/driven 104's, 205's, 405's, 505's & a 604. 307 is a different story. According to JD's survey, 41% of owners reported electrical problems! On ours, we've had the dashboard shutdown completely, rear tail lights stop working (yes, I checked the bulbs!) and a horn which only works occaisionally. Each time the car goes in to be fixed, the dealer says "known fault".

...Nick B
    something missing
  • jjames_3
    jjames_3 Posts: 363 Forumite
    Several of the latest French cars seem to be giving far more trouble than older equivalents for some reason, and the faults are almost always electrical. The French cars have always been known for strong engines but weak electrics, and I think they've been putting in too many gadgets of late. Renault's Megane and Laguna have been coming in for stinging criticism as well.

Shame really, because the 306 diesel (AKA Citroen ZX) was pretty solid.

Still trust the German/Japanese/Korean cars more, but you pays your money....
  • richleeds
    richleeds Posts: 182 Forumite
    £15,999 at the first place I looked for the 2.0 version, usually find it cheaper than these with a little digging

http://www.virgincars.com/newcars2.aspx?CID=15810
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport