O/S Daily Wednesday 28 December 2016

edited 28 December 2016 at 7:12AM in Old Style MoneySaving
28 replies 3.2K views

Replies

• redrubyredruby Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Nice bright day here again I have the table cloth and napkins to wash from xmas day I shall then portion up the meat and freeze the extra, Ive got some nice beef left which will make a lovely beef and ale pie !

I need to nip to Mr T and get a loaf and some milk, I will also pick up a handful of the free newspapers (they are great for lighting the fire)

Tonight I might do cold meat and mash again with salad and pickle its one of my favourite meals.

OH got a dog cam for Christmas we put it on Evie and go out for a walk, its the best present ever, you see everything from a dogs eye view and people she meets love it ! we sat and watched some film from it yesterday and its brilliant I can see we will be using it a lot !

Tiredmum I hope the dog gets on ok please let me know x

Lainey hugs to you all xx

Have good days all xx
  • meanmariemeanmarie Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Coxy and Lainey....thinking of you both.

Cooler here today, a lovely breezy 24c.

OH has had his INR levels checked each week and they have been lower each time, which means that we have had to see a doctor each time at $85 a time, plus $75 for the blood test, cant be claimed on travel insurance as its an elective test, for my peace of mind.....still, once he is ok we can enjoy the holiday.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • edited 28 December 2016 at 12:10PM
    CaterinaCaterina Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 December 2016 at 12:10PM
    Hello all,

Sorry to read about so much pain and loss, many hugs to all and you are all continuing to be in my thoughts and prayers.

If any of you follows Ilona's blog, MeanQueen, she has a very good post about Christmas which really resonated with me and a lot more people too, to judge by the comments.

Update here: DH is getting much better, no fever and he has an appetite. He is in the sunny veranda reading in his dressing gown. I have cold symptoms but if I don't get fever I hope we will be able to leave on New Year's Eve for Rome, then we take it from there.

Can't wait to be back home in London, it feels very far away at the moment and the lovely, Spring-like weather serves only to put me in a worse mood because I think of how lovely it would have been at the seaside. At least the positive of it is that I have the window wide open and sun is streaming in, so I can avoid the furnace of my mother's blazing heating system in the rest of the flat.

My mother is being so good and kind and generous when it concerns taking care of us and illness, she is so thoughtful. But much as I love her and deeply appreciate it all, sadly when it comes to communicating there is a life-long barrier, it feels like we are talking two different languages, she is rather prone to sarcasm and I just find myself wanting to scream in frustration. Same with my sister, it is just like being from different planets. We irritate each other, all of us, inevitably. So I resort to being quiet and withdrawn, rather than engage in active combat (my family's default mode). Very very sad.

Dreading the moment I finish reading the last of my last book!

Have a good day. Finally, for most people, the madness is over!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • LameWolfLameWolf Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tiredmum2 wrote: »
    Up with the larks as the dog is not well again will be calling the vet as soon as they are open I fear that this may be his last trip as his symptoms are the same as another dog we had he is quite old for a standard daschund so i am quite worried but fingers crossed . He is 16 and we didn't get him from the rescue until he was 10 so i knew it would never be a long relationship but never the less he has wormed his way into our hearts x
    They do that, don't they? Well done on giving a little oldie a good home; so many people overlook the older dogs, probably because it won't, as you say, be a long relationship, but I think it's wonderful to be able to give one of them the love they so desperately want.
    redruby wrote: »
    OH got a dog cam for Christmas we put it on Evie and go out for a walk, its the best present ever, you see everything from a dogs eye view and people she meets love it ! we sat and watched some film from it yesterday and its brilliant I can see we will be using it a lot !
    How wonderful! I assume it attaches to her collar or harness in some way? What does Evie think of it?

Today is the best day of the entire holiday - Sasha has arrived. She's a big, bouncy Golden Labrador Retriever, and is absolutely gorgeous! She's staying til New Year's Eve; I've told her Mum to just drop me a text before she picks her up and not worry about pre-agreeing a time, and she's got enough food that I can feed her dinner if her Mum is late back (train from London). We're going nowhere for NYE so Sasha can stay as long as she needs to, no problem.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • RosyRedRosyRed Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy your time with Sasha LW.We had a very hard frost this morning and of course Ly1a loves rolling about in it on the park so our walk took twice as long :D
    Tired mum,its great you rescued a 10 year old,hope youre ok.

Just popped to a1di for bread and milk,and a new oven glove from Dun£lm- we've got visitors on NYE and mine is decidedly gunky despite washing.Life in the fast lane eh?

Made broth with the turkey carcass,which we had for lunch,yesterday turkey,ham and leek pie,all gone now.I didnt have as much left over as I thought I would.

We are off to friends for tea later,which will be a nice change for me,I feel like I'm producing meal after meal for everyone while they all sit and watch tv,doze etc.Ignore me,I'm grumpy cos I've been up since 5.30 :rotfl:DH snoring!

Thinking of all of you going through hard times and sending hugs xxx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • GersGers Forumite
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening.

I did two loads of washing before leaving this morning. Then I saw the gunk on the shower glass and decided to clean it which led to me doing the bathroom floor too. Sheesh!

Found DM in bed with a dreadful cold /cough. Of course she lies on email and we don't phone because she's deaf as a post. I phoned the doc who has sent a prescription through to the pharmacy so I'll collect that tomorrow. Now she's got a flask of tea and a fresh HWB and is asleep.

Recently she discovered a round cushion cover which her mother had embroidered before WW2. She's had it framed and gave it me for Christmas, it's really beautiful.

Now I've got a date with Dr Who...watching it again.
  • CaterinaCaterina Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ethel and Ernest alert! Tonight at 19:30 (UK). Normally not allowed to watch catchup from abroad but luckily I found a way round it, tonight I will also watch Call the Midwife! Small pleasures are indeed the best.

Gers sorry to hear about your DM illness, glad that you sorted her out.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Just a quick update unfortunately he had a massive blockage and a grade 4 heart murmur as well as his normal age related conditions so the vet felt it was in his best interest to put him to sleep we are all very sad and although i love the oldies this is the worst part of adopting an oldie x
  • Hard_Up_HesterHard_Up_Hester Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hugs Tired Mum
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • redrubyredruby Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh Tiredmum I am so sorry to hear about the dog, bless him and hugs to you it heart-breaking when they leave us xx
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides