Virgin Media dilemma

Options
Hi all,

I was a Sky customer for 4 years and decided to switch over to VM on Black Friday as they were offering good deals for new customers. As I was browsing on their website, I had an online chat with a rep who offered me an amazing package which included the 'full house' bundle for £55 p/m on a 12 month contract, a free Bluetooth speaker and a Black Friday exclusive web chat offer of 3 months sports and movies and £50 cash back. I thought the offer without the sports and movies was good enough, as I was paying a similar price with Sky for less channels; however, it was the movie deal which sold it to me as I was looking forward to enjoying the channels with my children over Christmas. At the end of the web chat, I copied and saved the entire transcript into a Word document.

The package arrived a few days later and on arrival, I had to call an engineer out as I realised I did not have the correct connections in my house to plug and play (despite the operator originally informing me that everything would be okay as the previous tennants had Virgin) This took almost another week. When the engineer had left I sat down and flicked through the channels, only to discover that I did not have the sports and movie channels. I phoned Virgin immediately and was told that there was no record of my sports and movies deal and that I was to send a copy of the transcript to the operation manager in an email to an address in Manila and would recieve a reply within 48 -72 hours.

Five days later I was still waiting for a response, so phoned again to be told that there was record of my phone calls, but no email. The operater would not give me another address to send a further copy on to as he believed that it would take 5 - 10 working days for the operations manager to respond. It is now day 12 and I am still waiting. I'm seething.

The speaker arrived a few days ago and is rubbish. It looks the part, but the sound quality is very poor. Sky switched my services off today as I had to give them 30 days notice. After my struggle with VM, I deeply regret leaving.

Could some kind poster please give me some advice on what my next steps should be? I will not hesitate in cancelling and finding a new provider if that is the only solution.

Thanks in advance.

Phill123.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills