Ready to do it all over again ...

Options

Comments

• Smart_Mart
    Smart_Mart Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    edited 15 June 2017 at 4:35PM
    Options
    Well the housework bug seemed to hit me right after posting that ... I have cleaned the bathroom and downstairs loo, cleaned my bedroom and put everything away. Tidied the lounge, hoovered through, cleaned the kitchen floor, emptied the fridge and cleaned it, sorted the recycling and put it and the rubbish out, the third load of washing is nearly done and everywhere is now looking clean and tidy again :T I still need to do the ironing (need to wait for some of it to dry first), I want to clean the car out and hoover it today too. Other than that it will be sorting the post / paperwork pile that is building up, helping ds finish his CV and find addresses for work placements, maybe a bit of pottering in the garden, apply for that credit card I mentioned last week, sort my car insurance - the renewal came this week and they have increased it by £100 :( The only difference from last year is that I now keep the car on my drive rather than in the garage but even so, that seems a big increase.

I may make some rock cakes or fairy cakes later if it doesn't get too hot, I don't feel like anything kitchen related when the weather is nice :)

Re the car insurance, it's a farce. I had the same car last year as this year, keep it in the same place, I'm a year older (obviously) yet my premium with Lloyds Bank went up from £47 a month to £78 a month.

Couldn't believe it so went on Compare The Market and I'm now with the AA for £41 a month. They've also got lots of places where you can get 20% off, ie Toby Carveries, Sizzling Pub company, Moto service stations and a lot more stuff besides.
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks Mart, I will sort it this weekend.
    £11 withdrawn from a survey site tonight, off to change the signature :beer:
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Made it through another friday, I had my normal friday sluggishness when I got home, but a bit of pottering later and the bathroom has been cleaned, the downstairs loo has been cleaned, the bedrooms have been tidied (still need hoovering etc), first load of washing is in, downstairs has been tidied, dusted, hoovered/swept through, plants have been watered, recycling has gone out :D

So, for the rest of the weekend I need to change bedding, clear the washing / ironing, do the food shopping, clear the surveys and paperwork, sort the car insurance and enjoy the weather :D:D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So today is just too hot!! :D

This morning I took ds to watch his trains while I went shopping. I got him a couple of t-shirts,got me a bath bomb and some body spray. I also bought an electric hedge trimmer (£26).

I had started to tackle the hedge in the front garden with the shears but quickly developed a blister on my hand. The electric trimmer has tidied the hedge up a bit but I need Mums gardener to tackle it properly and reduce it to half its current height.

Postie brought me the credit card (I applied last week) today. I need to read all the forms with it, I've never had one before and don't really get how they work, at the moment I use my debit card for literally everything, do I just use this card instead? Is there normally a minimum amount for credit cards? :o

The rest of today will be spent mainly chilling, it's just too hot to bother doing much else.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Are you using CC for points or rewards?
    If so use it instead of debit card & pay off every month.
    I quite often use mine then transfer money as a BP straight to CC.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Hi Beanielou, I got it purely for an offer - I need to spend £2k on it over the next 3 months to earn £150 of nectar points :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So just use it for all your spending but pay it off when you get the bill :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Tesco shopping is done, card has been activated and I remembered to pay with it ;) Dog has been walked and I have managed 11,500 steps today :T

Tomorrow I need to take the hedge cuttings to the tip, and then probably carry on cutting more :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    £6 withdrawn from quidco and £7 withdrawn from a survey site :beer:
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So, decided this morning that the time had come to remove the (largely dead) honeysuckle that is taking over the front door. Out I went with my shears (and blister from yesterday) and began chopping. Most of the smaller twiggy bits came off no problem, but as I got further into it I realised the previous owners have secured it with wire right at the top where it joins the roof, (single storey bit luckily), so I can't remove it totally without borrowing a ladder off someone :cool: So now I'm left with a dead trunk bit and then dead bushy bit at the top that I can't reach and won't come down :( Grrr!

On the plus side though I had already decided to replace it with a hanging basket, although knew I would need to borrow someone again to drill the bracket in for me as I don't have a drill (and I'm a wuss). Anyway, underneath all the deadness there is already a bracket in place :D It is quite rusty but for now it will do the job :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family