Best win of 2016??

Options

Comments

• Surfermom
    Surfermom Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    It was by far my worst year since I started in 2009 but I did have a nice win of £1000 holiday voucher from On the Beach. We added a couple of hundred pounds and had a lovely week all inclusive in Tenerife.

Fingers crossed for a good 2017, wishing everyone lots of luck:)
  • emasp
    emasp Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Very poor year - just two wins, but I have been really please with both - some lovely knitting needles that I wouldn't have treated myself to, so extra special. Also some children's fiction books - over £100 worth-all great titles and again something I couldn't have done.
  • jacwins
    jacwins Posts: 545 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just to even out all the amazing wins here, my best win this year was £100 lovetoshop vouchers. I was very pleased with them!

Most used prize was some soxtrots riding socks for my daughter, she lives in them.
    Thanks for all your posts, sprinkle of luck required now.
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not much to choose from but my best win was a 'treasure trove' of Rhodia notebooks and notepads (thee different size notepads, and three assorted notebooks). :D
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Not many to choose from to be honest, in terms of value it was probably the £100 worth of makeup from a mag daily but I ended up selling it as it wasn't the type of thing I'd have used, and I only made about £60 back from it. I won a £50 fuel voucher which was probably my most useful win, and not wishing to sound ungrateful but I genuinely haven't had one win this year that I was absolutely delighted with :-/
  • SherlockFan85
    SherlockFan85 Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 January 2017 at 7:43PM
    Options
    Best win was a mini break to Torquay we're going to next August complete with train travel, the best suite at the Grand Hotel, meals, a spa day and spending money :)

Most enjoyment is the 42" TV and blu-ray player I won for my parents just as their (way smaller) TV was dying.

Oh and a special mention to the IPad Air I'm currently typing on!
    Make £2019 in 2019 No 153 - £4517.17/£2019
  • sarahdh
    sarahdh Posts: 346 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine was an iPad Mini 2, this year I only comped for about one month earlier in the year, then from mid Nov onwards, so very pleased with it!
    2022 wins: PS5 bundle, SSD drive, luxury truffles

Debt free and intending on staying that way!
  • Schnarff
    Schnarff Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    my best and favourite win was two tickets to the Queen's Birthday Party on the Mall - despite it raining for half the day it was an amazing, unforgettable experience from start to finish. I nearly missed out on the prize but for the persistence of a young lady at The Mirror who was determined to get hold of me :)
  • ginjim
    ginjim Posts: 10,078 Forumite
    Options
    weekend trip to ibiza, amazing but wasn't long enough though :( just three nights,not complaining of the prize just wasnt long enough for me in Ibiza ;) was the end of season too so not much happening, stayed in an a beauiful well equipped hotel with breakfast and dinner, which the organisers upgraded us to.
  • MillyVanilli
    Options
    Best win was an overnight stay in a suite at London's Grosvenor Hotel. We got Executive Lounge access, the most amazing suite, dinner, breakfast and tickets to a show!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure