IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Zone Ltd, white van man ticket

Options
Need advice, am I doing the right thing?
First Ticket
26.12.2016, 12:10pm Parked at unmarked carpark end of cheapside-road in Birmingham, several cars there no tickets and no signs, no signs, yes no signs, as all shops were shut and could not see a meter, I walked to town to do some boxing day shopping. There were private signs across the road on cheapside and across the main road on Barford Street (land belonged to Barford Street, located near to the city council markets). Thought it would be okay. Asked another person parked in a white fiat van, he said its up to us, if we are to risk it. Came back and found a ticket from ‘Parking Zone Ltd’ Took photos, had a look and felt more photos were needed, so planed to go back the following day.
Second ticket
27.12.2016, 11:39 am Came back, parked up next to same white van, and man and started taking photos again. There were no signs nearby but the nearest across the busy road was 20 meters away and across Cheapside-road was 30 meters away on the store for
11:43am, the man in the white van came out and said what was I doing, told him got a parking ticket and collecting evidence. He told me the land belongs to Jameson Seating Ltd, across the road, but this land is on Barford Street hence small metal barriers and a few decoy cars without tickets. I told him I am appealing its not right, especially after we spoke to him yesterday. He became angry and said he will give me another ticket. I started recording on video mode, he attacked me and took my phone. I jumped on him and he carried me 5 meters to his car but could not get in, I snatched the phone off him and called the police. With the police on the line and me walking away, he got into his car.

11:44am Whilst on the phone to the police, he brought out his ticket book, I got in my car, reversed out and parked up on the middle of the “next” side-road in hatched markings. Whilst on the phone to the police he started recording and I started reversing, he stuck a ticket on my window whilst my car was moving, he almost fell over. The police told me to wait there and lock the doors. 3 minutes later the Police call me back stating that they will not come out as I have my phone out and it is now “a civil matter” now and I should contact the company through their appeal mechanism.
Drove off, saw the City council enforcement officer on the same road, parked up and told her about it, she asked if she could look at the ticket. Told me not to contact them as unlike her tickets it’s not enforceable, it’s just to scare people into paying for tickets on private land done by cowboys in white vans who have been around for years.

I noticed it is a sh***** company run by the same person http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-11851471 The picture looks like him, so we know his name and his shady past.

I would follow the moneysavingexpert template letter but given the history, I think taking the risk and waiting for a ticket is the best option, the other is to contact a solicitor and look at taking legal action against him as he did steal my phone and I had to use force to get my phone back. Another option is to contact Jameson Seating Ltd, the building across the road. However, as its is Limited company they may be more interested in obtaining money. Also, complain YJ60 MPZ white van man, has not ticketed himself.

Parking Zone Ltd, 123/101 Stratford Road, Solihull, B90 3ND Tel: 07534355141 (main office number)
Companies House address (different, re-incorporated after dissolving): 17 Heather Dale, Birmingham, England, B13 8NN (prior 17 Heather Dale Birmingham B13 8NN)
on behalf of Jameson Seating Ltd, Birmingham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-11851471
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5008507
http://birminghamnewsroom.com/rogue-wheel-clampers-sent-to-prison/
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=89673 (my ticket is almost the same, will upload when I get to a scanner)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.4735258,-1.889804,3a,75y,266.94h,71.29t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1slkQsM6xUv9CfefbGfsteqg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 (you can see the Barford Street Parking zone sign across the road)

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10066471

not yet sa member of a recognised trade assoc , so legally cannot get your info or details from the DVLA

do NOT ring write email or phone this company

if you recieve any paperwork thru the post , return to this thread

PARKING ZONE LIMITED

Company number 08696327

Incorporated on
    18 September 2013

Dissolved on
    1 March 2016

then reformed

PARKING ZONE LIMITED

Company number 10066471

Incorporated on
    16 March 2016
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Agree--- make no contact whatsoever.
    If you don't contact them, tyhey can't get your details and pursue you for the "charge".

What a twit* that bloke sounds....

*That may not be quite the correct spelling....
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I suspect his probation after being released from jail has now finished
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    He became angry and said he will give me another ticket. I started recording on video mode, he attacked me and took my phone. I jumped on him and he carried me 5 meters to his car but could not get in, I snatched the phone off him and called the police. With the police on the line and me walking away, he got into his car.
    Just goes to show that nothing has changed, even banning clamping wasn't enough to stop such shysters.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hes probably trying to raise enough funds to join the IPC
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    king312 wrote: »
    3 minutes later the Police call me back stating that they will not come out as I have my phone out and it is now “a civil matter” now and I should contact the company through their appeal mechanism.
    What!?!? Did you point out to the police that assault (which is what it was) is not a civil matter. I think you need to put in a complaint that the police failed to attend when you were under physical attack (assuming you told them that).
  • king312
    king312 Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    What!?!? Did you point out to the police that assault (which is what it was) is not a civil matter. I think you need to put in a complaint that the police failed to attend when you were under physical attack (assuming you told them that).

Yes I did state that again to them, even though I was shocked at what had just happened, the police conversations are thankfully recorded but yes, it is a ridiculous response by them. I would complain to the police but it is likely to take up time, cause a fuss directed at the wrong person (even though the response was wrong) and may create potential difficulties in other current positive work relationships.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure