We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

handmade gifts for older boys help

Options
i'm abit fed up of giving gifts that nobody really needs so i thought maybe its time to make them.I have mountains of fabric in my craftroom and im at the stage i want to use what i have next year. Yes i want to be frugal.

I have 2 neices and 7 nephews. The younger ones are quite easy.The problem is the 10 year old. Im not sure he would like a handmade gifts.

For birthdays and christmas i usually make them a little box of a monster and put sweets in.The kids adore them even the older ones. So maybe it won't be a waste.

So any ideas please.I know they all have ipads. so maybe a cover x
Comping for christmas x
Thankyou to all posters:D

Comments

• *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think an ipad cover sounds like a great idea for a 10 year old boy. Maybe in star wars fabric?
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • magical
    magical Posts: 894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    great idea.Many thanks x
    Comping for christmas x
    Thankyou to all posters:D
  • DebrasSewingProject
    Options
    Not sure if this might be a bit too girly but it's a great idea for ear phones which most youngsters seem to have now - erinerickson.com/2011/11/circle-zip-earbud-pouch-tutorial
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    when i read the title i thought ipad stand! you may need filling if you don't have any but for those entering lazy teen ages i'm sure it would be a good option
    1 example tutorial http://www.thesewingdirectory.co.uk/ipad-stand-project/ (no affiliation)

you could also do a fabric headphone cord tidy that poppers shut around the cord once its looped up.
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure