Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    December 1st, 2016 statement

Your new monthly payment is now £130.00

Your actual usage in the last 12 months

Gas 25,287.600 kWh

Electricity 6,523.000 kWh

And that's including charging my petrol/electric car since April 2016.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pincher wrote: »
    December 1st, 2016 statement

Your new monthly payment is now £130.00

Your actual usage in the last 12 months

Gas 25,287.600 kWh

Wow - are you heating the whole street?
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Wow - are you heating the whole street?

Five bedroom house.

External dimensions 14 meters wide, by 11 meters deep.
    Two storeys.

I really should dig up the old bills, before all the insulation work, and the floor standing Potterton KingFisher II 30kW non-condensing boiler was replaced.

It's entirely possible we were using 40,000kWh a year, but paying LESS, because NorthSea gas was feeding the flames.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 December 2016 at 9:56AM
    Options
    Pincher wrote: »
    Five bedroom house.

External dimensions 14 meters wide, by 11 meters deep.
    Two storeys.

I really should dig up the old bills, before all the insulation work, and the floor standing Potterton KingFisher II 30kW non-condensing boiler was replaced.

It's entirely possible we were using 40,000kWh a year, but paying LESS, because NorthSea gas was feeding the flames.

5 bed house/158 Sq Metres floor area/2 storey - 8400kWhs/year gas usage for heating, HW and cooking. 16 year old Ideal Classic non-condensing 24kW boiler. It must be awfully cold where you live. My CH is Off at the moment (it's very mild and today the boiler gets its annual service).
  • quackers82
    Options
    To me they don't seem extreme .

If you were on my Tariff with that usage. Which is £0.0928p per KWh for electric , and Gas at at £0.0258 KWh , based on your usage.

Electric

8327 KWh x £0.0928 = £772
    Standing Charge 26p a day £94

£866 Electric total

Gas

23452 Kwh x £0.0258 = £605
    Standing Charge 26p a day £94

£699 Gas total

So total would be £1565 a year based on my tariff , which is £130 a month, so i would expect your Direct Debit to be around there. Only thing i missed off is the 5% VAT.

Are you on a really expensive tariff ? Because £221 for the DD amount seems very odd.
  • sd99
    sd99 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Your electric usage also seems very high - we have a 4 bedroom town house and use about 5300 kwh per year and this includes the cost to heat the house as we don't have gas. If we had gas and didn't use electric to heat our house, our electric usage would be about 2000 kwh less.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sd99 wrote: »
    Your electric usage also seems very high - we have a 4 bedroom town house and use about 5300 kwh per year and this includes the cost to heat the house as we don't have gas. If we had gas and didn't use electric to heat our house, our electric usage would be about 2000 kwh less.

Consider yourself VERY lucky - Your non heating usage must be virtually nothing -presumably no TVs, no dishwasher,no washing m/c and definitely no tumble dryer.:rotfl:Plus you must sit in the dark!
  • sd99
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Consider yourself VERY lucky - Your non heating usage must be virtually nothing -presumably no TVs, no dishwasher,no washing m/c and definitely no tumble dryer.:rotfl:Plus you must sit in the dark!

LOL no

We use our dishwasher every day. Washing machine 2-3 times a week. Extra freezer in the garage. 50" TV on most nights for 5 hours. 2 TVs upstairs. Xbox, PS4, 3x Youview boxes... In the summer we average 60-75 units a week. All appliances and lighting etc is energy efficient though.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sd99 wrote: »
    LOL no

We use our dishwasher every day. Washing machine 2-3 times a week. Extra freezer in the garage. 50" TV on most nights for 5 hours. 2 TVs upstairs. Xbox, PS4, 3x Youview boxes... In the summer we average 60-75 units a week. All appliances and lighting etc is energy efficient though.

Then I really can't understand your energy usage - our heating/hot water demand is ~ 80 kwh per day in the Winter - we use more per month than you use per year -you must have phenomenally good insulation!! Good luck to you :T
  • sd99
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Then I really can't understand your energy usage - our heating/hot water demand is ~ 80 kwh per day in the Winter - we use more per month than you use per year -you must have phenomenally good insulation!! Good luck to you :T

Ah we don't use electric for hot water - the house came with a solar panel to heat it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure