How to withdraw my money?

Options
Hi. Not sure if this is the correct place to post but here goes anyway. I get money paid into my bank account, currently I am transferring it abroad and then transferring it to a money service, then withdrawing it by cash. The problem with this is that there is a link. The Bank account links to the Foreign bank account. The Foreign bank account links to the money service. The money service links to the cash withdrawal.

I am looking for a way to break the link. I thought about doing something with bitcoins but not exactly sure how this would work. Perhaps sending the money from the bank account and converting to bitcoins. Would this break the link? There are probably better ideas out there too, and I might lose quite a bit on the conversion to bitcoins. If anybody has any ideas please let me know or knows of some online service which may help.

Comments

• izboo
    izboo Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Ksmith wrote: »
    Hi. Not sure if this is the correct place to post but...
    :rotfl:
    Profuse apologies if you were being at all serious but Thursday night is my pub night :beer: and the phrases 'unprecedented level of threat' and 'not the government's view' have already been given the taproom kick about. You could always check Amazon to see if the series of nice friendly yellow covered guide books offers a Money Laundering For D....y's edition or indeed simply ask to see a copy of WU's privacy and data protection policies to see how likely they are to raise an SAR or respond to a transaction trace from any particular regulatory or law enforcement agencies.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It rather sounds as though you're attempting to launder money. You haven't said why you want to do this but the obvious assumption to draw would be that it's for a purpose which isn't entirely legal. Unless you provide more information which shows a legitimate reason I doubt that you will receive any advice from anyone on here.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You need to convert your cash into another high value asset class that isn't recorded by the authorities, perhaps hard drugs. Then take them abroad and sell them for cash. No link and low conversion loss. Job done :)
  • SuperAllyB
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »
    You need to convert your cash into another high value asset class that isn't recorded by the authorities, perhaps hard drugs. Then take them abroad and sell them for cash. No link and low conversion loss. Job done :)

Have you ever tried taking hard drugs abroad? I, for one, certainly don't have the stomach for it.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    SuperAllyB wrote: »
    Have you ever tried taking hard drugs abroad? I, for one, certainly don't have the stomach for it.
    Sounds like you're just going through the motions.... ;)
  • Norscbu
    Norscbu Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    You could ask a few million people by email, perhaps come up with a story about Prince umbagowa from Nijewambia and how he needs someone to help him with his war torn funds. Just an idea.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,721 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Norscbu wrote: »
    You could ask a few million people by email, perhaps come up with a story about Prince umbagowa from Nijewambia and how he needs someone to help him with his war torn funds. Just an idea.

I am so sick of people digging all this stuff with my uncle Umbagowa up. He has done his time and is now a valued member of the community. He is, at present, doing missionary work in a neighbouring country helping to educate starving orphans with aids and hardly any legs.
    If you'd like to support him in his work, please drop me a message and I will provide the details of his charities' funding account. Your kindness will be rewarded with a picture of a black child from......somewhere.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Chinese people were "buying" jewellery in Macau, and paying with UnionPay RMB credit/debit cards. Instead of gold and diamonds, the shop gave them Hong Kong dollars, which is freely convertible. Previous to that, Bitcoin was the way to go. Both are now banned. Native Chinese can now only take out RMB10,000 per day, RMB5,000 per transaction, from ATMs in Macau.

So find some Chinese people who want to convert RMB into sterling.
    You pay £1,000 into their UK bank account, and they pay RMB9,000 into your Shanghai bank account.

How to get the money out? Many tourist places take UnionPay Debit cards. Bicester Village, near Oxford, had a 10% off promotion if you pay by UnionPay earlier this year.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I once went into a bank in Guilin in China to exchange Sterling for Yuan and was approached by a fairly elderly lady who wanted my Sterling. With the help of a calculator we agreed a rate which bettered the banks offer and she withdrew cash from the ATM for the exchange. This was in full view of the bank staff who I'm guessing were more than happy to turn a blind eye as they didn't fancy the paperwork.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »

Taking the moral issues away, buying retail and selling wholesale is rarely a process promoting maximum profit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport