Conservatory fitting issue

Options
167891012»

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Furts wrote: »
    money is a switched on cookie. So I suspect a sunroom will meet the bill, but with adequate Velux to give light. Just be careful with the tile detail - large concrete interlocking do not go well with Velux on small roofs. Think of cut tiles and how they are fixed. Small plain tiles might fit the bill better.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:at switched-on cookie. Others would regard me as "that blimmin' woman" (a way I have been described before now:rotfl:).

Tiles - right - I don't like "large concrete interlocking" (bearing in mind my general hatred for concrete anything-I-can-possibly-help).

Hmmm....small plain tiles....hmmm...I'm trying to visualise exactly what you mean by that. Do you have any google images of what you mean please? Once I can picture them in my mind then I'll have more of an idea what I'd be looking at.

Sunroom rather than conservatory - hmmm....less glass possibly - but I'm guessing one could still have an all-glass roof coming under sunroom heading? Failing that - there's an element of whack a couple of power points into it and I gather the sort of lighting one can use for growing on seeds for the garden indoors has come on in leaps and bounds since I last checked it out online....hmmm.....:think::think:

You will doubtless be pleased to know that a job currently being done in my house looks like it's coming up to my standards....I'm getting it figured-out as to who to pick/not pick here....:cool:
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Like me, money lives in a bungalow. so unless she has a suitable gable end wall to use, a tiled roof will probably not be an option.
  • Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:at switched-on cookie. Others would regard me as "that blimmin' woman" (a way I have been described before now:rotfl:).

Tiles - right - I don't like "large concrete interlocking" (bearing in mind my general hatred for concrete anything-I-can-possibly-help).

Hmmm....small plain tiles....hmmm...I'm trying to visualise exactly what you mean by that. Do you have any google images of what you mean please? Once I can picture them in my mind then I'll have more of an idea what I'd be looking at.

Sunroom rather than conservatory - hmmm....less glass possibly - but I'm guessing one could still have an all-glass roof coming under sunroom heading? Failing that - there's an element of whack a couple of power points into it and I gather the sort of lighting one can use for growing on seeds for the garden indoors has come on in leaps and bounds since I last checked it out online....hmmm.....:think::think:

You will doubtless be pleased to know that a job currently being done in my house looks like it's coming up to my standards....I'm getting it figured-out as to who to pick/not pick here....:cool:

An all glass roof will not be an insulated roof, hence my comment about tiles and Velux to form a roof. How many Velux giving how much light would be designed and budgetted for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure