PIP Mandatory Reconsideration Letter.

Hi all,

Just a quick one really.

I have written a letter for the DWP. It's a PIP mandatory reconsideration.

What do I put on the envelope?

Do I just put PIP Mandatory Reconsideration, and then the address that was on my award letter? I think it says Wolverhampton.

Thank you :)

Replies

  • pmlindyloopmlindyloo Forumite
    13K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    How do you ask for a mandatory reconsideration?
    You can ask for a mandatory reconsideration over the phone, but you should confirm your request in writing. Write to the office address on the decision letter and keep a copy of your request.
  • I sent copies of everything again as have no faith in them, still got refused even though they except I am ill, now going to tribunal with a forest of paper to send
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • missysmummissysmum Forumite
    34 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lemontart wrote: »
    I sent copies of everything again as have no faith in them, still got refused even though they except I am ill, now going to tribunal with a forest of paper to send

    Hi Lemontart, could I ask how long you waited for a response from the DWP about your Mandatory Reconsideration?

    It's been over two weeks now since they recieved my MR letter. (I know they have it because I rang them).

    I know it's very unlikely that they will change my award, but I live in hope! :)
  • missysmum wrote: »
    Hi Lemontart, could I ask how long you waited for a response from the DWP about your Mandatory Reconsideration?! :)

    Got it last week after writing to them on the 19th of October, still no change so just sent all the paperwork off to tribunal courts
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • missysmummissysmum Forumite
    34 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just to let anyone know who read this thread, that I received my Mandatory Reconsideration back and they granted me the award I was hoping for.

    I never expected to as I had read many times that it is rare to get it without going to tribunal, but I did and so it gives anyone going through the PIP process that it can happen,because it happened to me.

    :)
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    missysmum wrote: »
    Just to let anyone know who read this thread, that I received my Mandatory Reconsideration back and they granted me the award I was hoping for.

    I never expected to as I had read many times that it is rare to get it without going to tribunal, but I did and so it gives anyone going through the PIP process that it can happen,because it happened to me.

    :)
    That's fantastic news!! So good to hear something possitive for a change when it comes to PIP. Now you can sit back and relax :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum