IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPE Aviator Way Manchester

Options

Comments

• SnakeGuy
    SnakeGuy Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Also wasted about £19 in credit trying to phone them today, waiting on hold for an hour.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No-one PHONES a parking firm. Stop!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • SnakeGuy
    Options
    Ha ha. Apparently, I do.
    I am not going to do it again.
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No-one PHONES a parking firm. Stop!

I do all the time - mainly because I know I can never implicate the driver, but I also like to tie them in knots and test their knowledge of POFA. All calls are recorded :)

But UKPME use a non-geographical number that doesn't connect to anyone or anywhere, just a looped recorded message.

In regards to my cases, Directions Questionnaire has been returned, and the same for the guys at GM.

The only way to contact UKPME is via Gladstones...
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • StaffsSW
    Options
    SnakeGuy wrote: »
    I also work in Regus and Have 2 separate UKPE / UKPME PCNs.
    Both are from me parking in my normal spot.

Cheers

Wendy @ Regus has my contact details and also has a copy of the defence points I have submitted. I believe she is helping as best she can with the growing number of people who are receiving tickets at this location.
  • SnakeGuy
    Options
    StaffsSW wrote: »
    The only way to contact UKPME is via Gladstones...

What is Gladstones?
    I have seen it mentioned in a few different threads on here, but not sure what it is yet.
  • StaffsSW
    Options
    SnakeGuy wrote: »
    What is Gladstones?
    I have seen it mentioned in a few different threads on here, but not sure what it is yet.

Gladstones are the solicitors that issue the court claims on behalf of the parking companies. It is owned by two guys who also own the trade association that the parking companies are attached to (IPC - or whatever they are currently called), and they also run the "independent" appeals service (IAS) that the same parking companies use.

But there most definitely is not any conflict of interest in the slightest.

None whatsoever.

At all....
  • SnakeGuy
    Options
    Ok.
    I spoke to Wendy at Regus today.
    She basically said that if I have a fine I need to pay it and that they couldn't do anything.
    She did say that if UKPE gave me a hard time that I should let her know and she would let UKPE's solicitors know.

I am still not convinced that I was missing a car parking permit anyway. Mine has been on there since November. The only thing I can think of is that because it is high up and on the blue bit of the windscreen that they didn't see it.

I guess the IPC template should help as it asks them for all of their photos, right? Hopefully I can spot it in there, or at least see that they have not included any of the windscreen that prove that there were no permits in the window.

Also, since they don't have an email address and their online form is broken, I am guessing that I have to appeal by post, using the IPC template?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    She basically said that if I have a fine I need to pay it and that they couldn't do anything.
    Well...no. And it's not a fine.

If you have to post a challenge, get free proof of posting from the local PO Counter (not recorded, not special delivery, not signed for - just a certificate pf posting).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    UKPME. Operating very parochially, yet suggests it has UK locus. What a joke, typical of the shysters in this 'industry'.

Here's a bit of information about this small fry operator, seduced into joining the IPC/IAS where there's no danger of the PPC's 'protection agency' siding with the motorist.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205066442-UK-Parking-Management-And-Enforcement-Limited

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Parking_Management_And_Enforcement.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport