IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Advice - Car off-road at dealership for weeks

edited 29 November 2016 at 5:03PM in Motoring
5 replies 734 views
marcusjamesmarcusjames Forumite
77 Posts
edited 29 November 2016 at 5:03PM in Motoring
I bought a used car from an Audi dealership back in September. There was a badly cracked windscreen but they promised to replace before collection.

Collection day arrived but they claimed the screen was delayed with Audi suppliers. I rejected the purchase but they guaranteed it would be with them in a week. The deal was done no this basis.

Jump forward to November and I'm still waiting for it to be replaced. I have chased every week since September.

They called me last week and said the screen had finally arrived. Took the car in but they realised the screen was damaged. Unfortunately they didn't realise this until they had taken mine out and destroyed it. I am now without the car I purchased, and it could be for another two months.
They have given me a courtesy car but nowhere near the level of mine, plus it's not the car I bought. Mine is sitting there depreciating without being used.
So my question is, can I reject the car or do I honestly have to wait another two months. I can't prove the sales manager guaranteed only a week delay at time of sale. I have confirmation in writing that they will supply one, but it doesn't quote one week.

I asked for compensation but they've told me to take them to court. I'm shocked that a main dealer would do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum