Christmas payment dates.

Options
Good evening ! I have tried to find this on the DWP site but couldn't.
My DLA is due on the 27th and my ESA on the 28th of December, does anyone know if I will get either (or hopefully both) on the 23rd ?

Comments

• Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    https://www.gov.uk/how-to-have-your-benefits-paid

"If your payment is due on a bank holiday, you’ll be paid on the last working day before the holiday."
  • Darksparkle
    Options
    27th is the substitute bank holiday for 25th.

28th is a normal day.
  • fierystormcloud
    Options
    I think it will be the normal date for the payment due on the 28th. But you will probably get the payment due on the 27th on the 23rd. (The Friday.)

Why would you want the payments on the 23rd though? There wouldn't be any chance/time to go get Christmas pressies or food. And surely you would have everything by then. And even if there WAS enough time, surely you wouldn't want to be frittering away your money that you'll need to last for bills and food until February.

JMHO.
    cooeeeeeeeee :j :wave:
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Why would there be no time to get food if payment received on the 23rd. The shops where I live open on the 24th too. There is no indication that the OP plans to fritter the money away either. Many people on low income just get through the week, so the thought of potentially having to wait extra days, until after the holiday, for their payment is surely a justified concern.
    Surely even people who rely on benefits are permitted to have a little extra at Christmas if they so choose, even if that means pulling the belt in after the event.
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options

Why would you want the payments on the 23rd though? There wouldn't be any chance/time to go get Christmas pressies or food.

Obviously hasn't met any of the men who do all of their shopping on Christmas Eve!
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure