🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Saving for Xmas 2017 - A pound a day

Options

Comments

• *DramaQueen*
    Options
    Can i join in too please. I've just started a DMP and need to get in the swing of saving money and not wasting it away!

I've just transferred my £31 for the month into a separate account.

:)
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm going for £2 a day this time, I saved £1 last time and I haven't opened the pot yet. I have bought or made my Xmas presents this year and there will only be three for Xmas dinner which will be taken care of by the way of saved tesc@ vouchers , so I think I'm ready this year. So I think my pot amount will go into my emergency fund.

I'm not really very good at saving but having an unopenable tin is the way forward for me.

Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - nothing as yet 
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    At £10 now :) putting coins in when I can :). no 35 x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • giggleyay
    Options
    Well, I was about to ask to join in, but because I already put my hand up on the old thread, Ellieseven had already added me. Thank you Ellie! And I'm number 21 too which is my birthday so I'm well chuffed with that :)

I will be transfering money to a savings account as I'm not one for cash really. I'll stick to the £365 target but hopefully I'll add a little extra in there.

I did it on my own last year and think I'll be coming up about £100 short... Probably because I kept raiding the pot!

I'm stupidly excited to join this challenge instead of going it alone :)
  • killielila
    killielila Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 December 2016 at 6:28PM
    Options
    count me in ... 13 is my hubbys birthday so if still open ill take it xx

edited because i see someone got 13 so ill have any number im given lol
    finances disaster but baby-stepping back to security:

2024 let's do this !!
  • ChezzaE
    Options
    Hey guys can I be added to this challenge need to sort myself out as am so disorganised this year :( so hopefully doing this will keep me on track to be able to enjoy Christmas 2017 and be able to treat the hubby and me. Am ordeting vouchers for next year through a Christmas club too so will feel more prepared. Here's to saving money 💰💰
    this is my time to take charge and make life better :j
  • triple_choc_chip
    Options
    I'm on £10 now, thanks Ellie :)
    #3 £10/£650
    Welcome to all newcomers, this challenge really diminishes the stress of Xmas. This weekend I'm buying or ordering the bulk of my prezzies and its fab having the money ready to pay for them.
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13 £31,997
    Saving for🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2024 £117/£365 32%
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    Mortgage offset fund £6.9k/£62.3k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of ice-cream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
  • Pinkwhisk
    Options
    Hello, son excellent saving going on!

Unfortunately I've had to use my £31 for a bill so I'm starting again from Januarys pay. So

#4 = 0/356 :-(

PW X
    SPC = 079
  • Midnight_Shadow
    Options
    Fantastic challenge - can I join in as well please? I would love to be organised enough not to have to worry about the financial side of Christmas.

Can you put me down for £2 a day please - £730

I'm ridiculously excited about this challenge :j
  • Finefoot
    Finefoot Posts: 644 Forumite
    Options
    May i join please? I have been collecting the loose change from my handbag each week, and have countd it all up, I have £213!!
    So i would like a more organised way of saving those coins.
    Loving the sunny days!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family