Is There Anyway To Stop Company's From Profiting From Your Social Media?

Options
I've done the block thing but we all know there are very easy ways to get around this on Twitter, so is there anything else I can do?

Thanks
It's TicketyBoo To Be TickTwo!

Comments

• BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry for sounding dim, as I am not very technical, but how do companies profit from you using social media?
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • TickTwo
    TickTwo Posts: 3,926 Forumite
    Options
    copy & pate from my social media accounts to their websites
  • BlueBella
    Options
    Oh I see - is there a site that does this? If they do, I don't think there is much you can do because if you block them, they could use another account to view your feed. Unfortunately Twitter isn't like Facebook and you can open xxx amounts of Twitter accounts!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • TickTwo
    Options
    That's what I thought too :( was just wondering if anyone knew of something that worked so many laws protect company's but little for people
  • BlueBella
    Options
    True - maybe someone may know and answer your question on here x
  • jaibaby
    jaibaby Posts: 4,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Copy & paste what from your profile?

I don't get how they profit from you :o
    Thanks to all posters :A
  • TickTwo
    Options
    I can't say more without revealing who they are, they then could sue me though it would do them no good because I have no money so would probably end up in prison because company's have lots of laws protecting them
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    they have found that the most effective advertising is people you know saying a product is great, lets face it nobody believes the celebrity endorsement but if your neighbour or someone at work tells you a new cleaning product is great and really works you will probably give it a go. People who are in contact with you on social media come into this category, businesses want your endorsement for commercial reasons!
  • TickTwo
    Options
    it's so frustrating because there are people who will benefit from them doing this & that's fine with me I talk/post about company's/blogs that I like or have had good service from I also post about company's/ people I've had bad service from or treated badly by though they are very few & far between thankfully, though then this leads you into the whole realm of slander people can slander you as a person but you can't let other people know what happened because your slandering a company even though it's true but you didn't take a screen shot at the time, or took a video or have anyone else that will confirm it happened. It's these people I wish I could stop from profiting from my online content.

Argh online life is never easy is it.
  • smeeth
    smeeth Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    if you don't want them seeing your tweets and using them, either don't post them (not helpful I know) or set your profile to private... if you are willing to post about it on a public website then you have to accept that people can use your "testimonial" I'm afraid :(
    Anchor yourself to the foundations of everything you love.

Thank you to all those who post competitions!:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport