Friends Life / PPI?

Hi,

Back when i bought my house in 2009 I was told I needed to take out life insurance,, critical illness and income protection, this was £60 a month and I was told that without it I wouldn't be able to get a mortgage. I remember taking this out and then completely forgot about it. My self and my wife pay into a joint account for all our house bills and mortgages and it covers it all and more so we barely pay attention to the account, anyway after 6 years, I looked at the direct debits and have seen one for Friends life. After doing some research it looks like Bupa change over to Friends life, however since 2009 and our initial set up we haven't received a single letter from Bupa or Friends life regarding our cover, we have also changed mortagages and our employment situation since 2009. Is this something we can try and recoup after our initial 2 year mortgage which the cover would have covered, as I presume the remaining years we haven't been covered because our circumstances have changed. £60 a month is quite a substantial amount and I will definitely be cancelling this going forward but it would be nice to receive some compensation for the years.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family