Reclaim Package Bank Account if had sucessful claim ?? help

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
3 replies 1.1K views
headcaseheadcase Forumite
86 Posts
Halifax Package personal Bank account paying £15 per month for 10 years. Lost my mobile phone and account replaced the phone for free. Now claiming for total refunded of charges . But Halifax refused to pay / refund charges as had successful claim. Is it worth taking it further or not ?? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• BogalotBogalot Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    For what reason are you claiming it was missold? Your claim would indicate that you were aware you had the product and that the features met your needs.
  • NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    headcase wrote: »
    Halifax Package personal Bank account paying £15 per month for 10 years. Lost my mobile phone and account replaced the phone for free. Now claiming for total refunded of charges . But Halifax refused to pay / refund charges as had successful claim. Is it worth taking it further or not ?? Thanks in advance.

If you claim it was miss-sold, you are saying you didn't want the package or the cover, yet claiming on the phone insurance proves the package was useful to you.

They may still agree to refund the costs but they are allowed to deduct the value of the phone they paid out for from any refund as you are asking them to put you back in a position as if you didn't have the account and that would have meant you paying for the phone yourself.

Also, Halifax launched the Reward current accounts in December 2008, are you sure you had it 10 years?
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Now claiming for total refunded of charges

That is a bit unrealistic isnt it?
    But Halifax refused to pay / refund charges as had successful claim.

That is quite right of them.
    Is it worth taking it further or not ??

What is your reason for complaint?

The fact you not only registered the phone but also claimed on the policy and got a successful outcome does not mean you are automatically rejected but it reduces the number of valid reasons you can give for complaint. Plus, even if they upheld the complaint, they could offset the cost of the benefit against it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals