Aim to get mortgage down before increasing again

Options

Comments

• Schoolworker
    Options
    Well no snow lay so that was good. Easter Monday we went to indoor adventure golf which was good and then visited Nana and Papa so the kids could get their Easter eggs. They have 8 each at the moment and I know there is 2 more still to be given.

Hubbie wanted to go to a Volkswagen garage to see car prices. Anyway there is a car that he likes due into the garage this week but I do not think we have enough money for this until may when he gets his work bonus but will see what happens. He is due to go for a test drive in a seat car on Wednesday after work which he could buy the now but I think he would prefer the Volkswagen. So need to see what happens over the next few weeks.

Two more days until my wage goes into the bank and we have money again since all hubbie wages is allocated. Started putting some of the clothes we want to take for the weekend into the spare room and it will be easier to pack Inthe next few days.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Just back from our weekend away to Aberdeen - kids loved it being in a hotel with its own pool - we usually do caravans or holiday houses so this was a bit different for them.

On Saturday we spent the whole day with my brother who lives there - going to a museum, had lunch at his flat and then went to a paek. My brother and I had a drink back at the hotel whilst hubbie and kids went to the pool again before we went to harvester for dinner and then to the amusements for a bit.

On Sunday we went to the park, science centre, another swim in the hotel pool before heading to friends who stay instpnehaben for dinner at their house. We met this couple about 8yrs ago on a caravan holiday and have kept in touch do this is the 2nd time we have met up since first meeting.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Before we went away I managed to put a little money into the savings as well as do an overpayment to theortgage of £80. It's not much but it's all I can do at the moment.

Hubbie really wants the Volkswagen car but it's still not in the garage and tried to get him to transfer money from his ISA but he has to go to the bsto get the money and put into the bank. He did not do this. I did transfer some of my money from ISA to bank so should have enough in bank and 0% credit card but not telling him this.

When he hears from the garage he will need to go to transfer his part of money and I can square money up at the end of the month when his work bonus comes in.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Hubbie phoned the garage mid week and car still not in but we put down a deposit on this as it's the only car style coming into Glasgow branch so it's reserved for us.

Yesterday hubbie got word car was now in garage so he went to transfer money from ISA to current account to pay part of it and then use the 0% credit card for balance. He also got a letter to say what he is getting for his work bonus so just need to see what Mount of tax and no is taken off.

Thinking of using most of it to pay down the cc balance and put a bit away in an account for our family holiday next year as we have said we will go abroad with them next year so this gives us a start.

Kids going to Nana and papas today at lunchtime as they wanted them early as they are staying over tonight since we are off out with friends for dinner. Anyway we are heading to the garage for hubbie to see the car and test drive and I think he will buy it as it's the new style of the cat he is currently driving. Just need to see what trade in price we get for his car.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    This week the kids and I went to see Peter rabbit which was good. We also met up with my friend and her daughter to go to a trampoline place e and kids enjoyed it even though I thought it was hard for the youngest but he says he liked it. We just stayed in yesterday since it was a miserable day.

So sleep over tonight and then back to normal on Monday to school which will be hard for us all.

Son is liking his swimming lessons - only been twice.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Went to see the car on Saturday and Hubbie had a test drive and liked it. So it's being processed for collection on Wednesday after work.

Well that will be our savings drastically down as well as about £5k on the cc but it's 0% until Dec 2019 to pay it off which will be done. Will pay off a chunk of this when hubbie bonus comes through as there is balance on the cc at the moment. He got a really reasonable trade in price for his ciar even though it's done over 126000 miles.

He is a bit more excited now - hurrah when we were out with friends for dinner on Saturday night. Not really done much today but feeling tired due too a late night on Saturday.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Hubbie collected his new car and seems happy about it. There was a bit of friction as I couldn't find the not certificate for the old car but found eventually.

Well that the savings down considerably so need to work on increasing this over the next so many months as well as paying off the credit card.

Ordered new blinds for our new kitchen and our bedroom fromt cousins company so got a bit of a family discount.

As dry weather today we are going to a theme park this afternoon after daughter gymnastics as we have a voucher for this. I'm off out to a work colleague 30th party but taking the car so spends should be low. Only got £140 to last until the end of the month so it's a week on Monday. See whether this lasts.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    I had setyself the 2018 wife challenge of paying £2500 go the mortgage but do not think I can do this but will keep on ploughing away at it so it all helps.

Ordered euros for our Portugal holiday in 2 weeks time which I'm going to collect today. We have 450 euro for about 4 days and we are half board and there will be no trips only relaxing so I think it's ok but hubbie thinks it should be more but don't have any extra money unless I dip into the isa money. I will about it when hubbie gets paid and do money. I think the cc is creeping up and it doesn't help that hubbie does not put on his expenses to be paid. The joys of juggling money and hubbie does not realise what I do go keep the account balanced do it annoys me sometimes.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Oh forgot to say on Tuesday hubbie took my house key out of the front door and locked me and the kids in the house. So when I realise and spoke to him he was adamant that he didn't so I looked again. He then phoned to say he was coming home as he had my key. We were able to get out and get to school in time.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    Not much to report but spending money even although over budget and hubbie gets paid on Monday. Will need to do a lot of juggling about and pay off the high credit card. It needs to start to reduce majorly or we cannot survive paying it off every month.

We have friends over for Indian takeaway on Saturday - the money is there for this and need to do hopefully a small food shop since we go away Friday and there are several stuff in freezer for dinners. On Sunday we have other friends over for afternoon tea and chat catch up - not seen them since before Xmas.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback