Unplanned overdraft? help plz

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
4 replies 2.1K views
Lukas10333Lukas10333 Forumite
3 Posts
Hello,

I have a basic account in Lloyds Bank. At one time I had my balance 3.50 lbs. The next day I looked account and I was there 1,050 lbs. Can you tell me why? This is the unplanned overdraft? Can I use those money? What happens next if I use this money? I have normal work on contract Can I take to bank back this money on my paiday?

Thank you very much

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    At one time I had my balance 3.50 lbs. The next day I looked account and I was there 1,050 lbs. Can you tell me why
    lbs is weight. Not money.

You have access to your statement. We do not. So, there is no way for us to tell why your balance has gone from £3.50 to £1050. Have you looked to see what credit was added to your account?
    This is the unplanned overdraft? Can I use those money?

Overdrafts do not add to your money. If you were overdrawn, it would show a negative balance.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Sorry about this lbs. My mistake. I do not understand that. When we use the money I pay any fees?
  • NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ask your bank if they charge you for using the overdraft, we don't know
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    12.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying your overdraft limit has increased to 1050?
    If you are, yes you can spend the money, and yes, you will be charged for it in interest payments.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals