We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Markets unfazed

Options
2»

Comments

• steampowered
    Options
    The impact of Brexit was factored in by the enormous drop in the value of the pound.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    As no one seems to know what the actual effects will be on our economy due to Brexit or the American economy due to Trump being elected President all this is a bit premature. The expected outcome of Brexit was different to polls so there was brief uncertainty with some people panicking and selling and the same happened yesterday with the DOW. I think currency movements are more likely to be the outcome until more certainty as to what will actually happen. At the moment it is all presumptions.

If you are invested in a well diversified portfolio there should be no need to panic and start selling off large amounts of stocks. In todays global world if the American economy suffers, we all suffer in the short term but the investment cycle goes up and down anyway. I seriously doubt Trump wants the economy to suffer either so some of his more extreme ideas may not come to fruition. Most market traders know that.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • darkidoe
    darkidoe Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As no one seems to know what the actual effects will be on our economy due to Brexit or the American economy due to Trump being elected President all this is a bit premature. The expected outcome of Brexit was different to polls so there was brief uncertainty with some people panicking and selling and the same happened yesterday with the DOW. I think currency movements are more likely to be the outcome until more certainty as to what will actually happen. At the moment it is all presumptions.

If you are invested in a well diversified portfolio there should be no need to panic and start selling off large amounts of stocks. In todays global world if the American economy suffers, we all suffer in the short term but the investment cycle goes up and down anyway. I seriously doubt Trump wants the economy to suffer either so some of his more extreme ideas may not come to fruition. Most market traders know that.

At least we know he is heavily invested in the economy and any bad decisions he make will greatly affect himself as well. Not to say that he will not make any stupid decisions which I am sure he will do..

Save 12K in 2020 # 38 £0/£20,000
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Trumps new hedge fund advisors might teach him how to invest a tad better too
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport