The insiders

Just wondered if anyone wanted to make a chat group about The Insiders as other product testing groups are on here. I am currently doing a Betty Crocker cake mix campain which is great and been invited to do a Tefal home cooking campain

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,888 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    https://www.theinsiders.eu/home/welkom/14/

Be aware that if you sign up with them and want to take part in their trials for more expensive items they sometimes ask you to pay something towards the cost or items which are test and return they will require your bank details so that if you fail to return the item or dont complete the project they will charge you.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    https://www.theinsiders.eu/home/welkom/14/

Be aware that if you sign up with them and want to take part in their trials for more expensive items they sometimes ask you to pay something towards the cost or items which are test and return they will require your bank details so that if you fail to return the item or dont complete the project they will charge you.

I think they were considering that for the home cooking trial but i think they are waivering that now. Betty Crocker is all free and lots of vouchers to share with your friends.
  • sarah1972
    edited 8 November 2016 at 4:35PM
    I think they were considering that for the home cooking trial but i think they are waivering that now. Betty Crocker is all free and lots of vouchers to share with your friends.

I was invited to the Tefal campaign but they wanted my bank details so I declined. its also run by another company and not insiders although there must be a link between themhttps://www.myhomeparty.net/en-uk/
    All party hosts will receive Tefal cooking accessories worth £100 free of charge! After trying out the Cuisine Companion you can return it free of charge, or if you like it you can purchase it for just £199.99, saving £500 from the RRP

Dont get me wrong, I think the free campaigns are great !
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I was invited for the Betty Crocker one but I declined as it seemed to involve soft selling to your friends a sort of party plan. I might have been wrong.
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I'm with the Insiders but as others have said was put off having to pay a deposit to test something. Someone from there actually phoned me up to make sure I was receiving the offers as I'd not accepted any of them!
  • paul2louise
    I got a phone call to ask why i hadnt completed the application for tefal campaign. When i said it was £200 that put me off he said they were going to waiver it.
    I now have a email saying

Congratulation, you’ve been pre-selected as a Party Host for the Gourmet Cookin g Evening with Tefal.

To be selected, you will need to have invited people before Thursday. The more people you invite, the more chance you have to be selected. If you invite 10 guests, you're selected! Go to the My Home Party website to invite your friends

No sure who i want to invite, so i have left it. Seems quite a bit of work
  • sarah1972
    I got a phone call to ask why i hadnt completed the application for tefal campaign. When i said it was £200 that put me off he said they were going to waiver it.
    I now have a email saying

Congratulation, you’ve been pre-selected as a Party Host for the Gourmet Cookin g Evening with Tefal.

To be selected, you will need to have invited people before Thursday. The more people you invite, the more chance you have to be selected. If you invite 10 guests, you're selected! Go to the My Home Party website to invite your friends

No sure who i want to invite, so i have left it. Seems quite a bit of work

But do you still either send it back or pay £199.99 after the party as opposed to a deposit?

It still says:

All party hosts will receive Tefal cooking accessories worth £100 free of charge! After trying out the Cuisine Companion you can return it free of charge, or if you like it you can purchase it for just £199.99, saving £500 from the RRP

It looks as though it works the same way as come around which a few of us used to do http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3859825&page=4&highlight=party
  • paul2louise
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    But do you still either send it back or pay £199.99 after the party as opposed to a deposit?

It still says:

It looks as though it works the same way as come around which a few of us used to do http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3859825&page=4&highlight=party

Yes probably, it seems like a lot of effort tbh
  • smeeth
    smeeth Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes you still have to send it back if you don't want to keep & pay for it.
    There was a similar campaign for Samsng phones, I believe they ended up letting people keep those without paying.

I only take part in the free campaigns as I'm not willing to risk them saying "oh we didn't receive it" or "it wasn't returned in good enough condition" (even though it would've been).
    Anchor yourself to the foundations of everything you love.

Thank you to all those who post competitions!:beer:
  • paul2louise
    smeeth wrote: »
    Yes you still have to send it back if you don't want to keep & pay for it.
    There was a similar campaign for Samsng phones, I believe they ended up letting people keep those without paying.

I only take part in the free campaigns as I'm not willing to risk them saying "oh we didn't receive it" or "it wasn't returned in good enough condition" (even though it would've been).

Yes i think i remember that samsung one. I didnt bother either. Got a good purina cat food one a few years back, a dehumidifier which was fab in lmy last house, some moisturing lotion. So all in all its been quite a good group to join.

I am interested in the tefal thing but cant see me getting 10 friends to come and join in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure