Adding all current accounts & savings accounts on a form?

Options
So I'm curious at the moment. I know they run fraud detection checks and everything and I completely understand. But how much are they really looking into? Like can they actually see how much is in each account? Can they see any accounts I may not have added?

I'm at university and last year, I got a form regarding free prescriptions as I was taking quite a bit of medication back then, and I remember filling it in when it was asking me all about bank and savings accounts I owned, how many I had, how much money I had in them etc, so in the end I didn't bother with it.

I forgot about that until recently as I'm not longer on the medication, but I've found myself in financial difficulty this year when I've started my second year, so I applied for my university's hardship fund, and they wanted to know all of these details too, all current accounts, savings accounts, account numbers, sort codes, how much I had in the account etc..

I've got nothing to hide, and I did put all of the accounts I own on there, but I'm just curious really, I've seen other forms like this wanting to know this much information..

So to my questions above, how much can they really actually see? What information do they actually have on me?

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,676 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't think savings accounts show on a credit check but all current accounts will do.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    I don't think savings accounts show on a credit check but all current accounts will do.

I know about credit checks as I do follow mine quite often, though I'm talking more on these form things that require you to list current and savings accounts so they can see how much money you have
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure