The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I too was watching the rugby this afternoon. A complete contrast between the two games.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:
    I too was watching the rugby this afternoon. A complete contrast between the two games.

I didn't actually see the Ireland v Scotland match - but it must have been a good match, as Scotland surely were still all fired up and yet Ireland put such distance in the scoreline to make an emphatic win. But Scotland must have been playing well to 'only' allow Ireland to get to 28 points? Well played Ireland though - crowned 6 nations champions already :T

It bothers me not that England aren't winning - I never think it healthy if one team win 'all the time', in whatever sport discipline - but I want to see good rugby being played. England are not playing good rugger :( I hope England play good rugby next week - play for pride and for the good of the game, irrespecitve of the final scoreline.

Well, our adventurizing plans have been scuppered by the weather :( Doesn't mean we won't go out, just means we're not where we intended to be :(

I've had a good night's sleep again :j Although I will admit to foregoing 'valerie' as i was tatting about and it got too late to make it/drink it. BG clearly had a good night's sleep, as they are already full of beans and bouncing about :D

Can't think of anything outstandingly :money:that we will achieve today. We may sneak a nsd, but apart from that......

Tea this evening was going to be cardboard box fish, oven chips and mushy peas, because of going out. Depending if we go out, and how far, this may remain as our meal choice, or get changed.

I haven't actually done a meal plan for the upcoming week, so I can definitely get that done.

Ta for popping in.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £6.44/215
    Non-food household spend May £0/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,368 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Cant understand the FB not picking up things at least weekly.
    Ours is so desperate for things that donations are picked up at least weekly.
    I saw I, Daniel Blake again last night.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Cant understand the FB not picking up things at least weekly.
    Ours is so desperate for things that donations are picked up at least weekly.
    I saw I, Daniel Blake again last night.

Well, in this instance beanie I would say that it would be unrealistic for the FB to pick things up (because there is so little to collect as much as distance from the centre), but I cannot understand the organisation not getting its act together and getting someone to take it on a regular basis - because they have at least another couple of collection points (donation amounts unknown). The issue is that there is no.......... ownership? real support? for the collection and the issue. It feels more like they are box ticking.... and the box is very small........ because we see no poverty........ I'll have a go at supporting the BS's initiative, see if that proves more worthwhile. Whilst there is a disconnect between the 'donators' and the 'support volunteers and their clients' (of any charitable genre) there is going to be 'wastage' - of effort, of time, of resources....... we're human :(

Keep up the good work beanie - it must make differences to lives :T

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£10

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,368 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you Grayling.
    It does make such a difference.
    I always think all it takes is something going wrong or taking a wrong turn & it could be any of us.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Beanie you shouldn't torture yourself watching gritty movies that are already implanted in your brain. Take care
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

beanie - you do more than alot of people do, to help your fellow citizens. Even I have never watched 'I, Daniel Blake', and whilst I should, there are also many people, of influence, who will not have watched it, who should. Every sitting MP should be required to watch it, understand it and act on it, for a start. But that's not how life works. People have very set ideas about things, and only see what they choose to see. Let's keep on doing what we can do and effecting change where possible.

On the agenda today is to check out the BS Food Bank box - double checking that it is for the FB I think it serves, and therefore make sure that any donations I buy are on their 'most wanted' list.

I've not sorted out a menu plan for this week, so that will need doing.

We had cardboard box fish, oven chips and mushy peas for tea last night. Whilst we didn't go out and about, I didn't want to cook by the time teatime came around. I had hoped to watch the rugger, and DH made a big thing about 'recording' the match, so that we could watch it together. Yet again, the recorder played up and it didn't record :( Funny how it always records his rubbish sci-fi programmes, or any other trash TV he wants to watch....... If the recorder isn't going to work, I shall end up watching even less TV than I do now. Didn't think that was possible! :)

I did achieve something over the weekend - I set myself a target to sort out some tat. I moved, sorted and processed it, ready to be moved off the premises and as yesterday didn't turn out as anticipated, DH ended up moving the tat away to the tip. So we both felt as though we had achieved something. Of course, it is only the tip of the iceberg, but if we could regularly do chunks of tasks like that, we would end up finishing the DIY/chores that need doing. Progress :)

Right, can't think of owt else MS at the mo. Best shuffle orf.

Ta for popping in. Appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£10

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,722 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Removing tat from the premises sounds like excellent progress to me! :j :j Slow and steady, little small steps and you will get there in the end :)
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,543 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Definitely GP - true what Cheery says!

Less tat = Improved Feng Shui!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Definitely GP - true what Cheery says!

Less tat = Improved Feng Shui!

Yes, I agree too - in this case, it's as much mental Feng Shui as physical. We know we've got to sort out a big project - and it is a big project. A big scary project when looked at in the whole. By achieving this tat removal at the weekend, it's made an almost negligible difference to the project as a whole, but as a first step in getting the ball rolling, it's huge.

I'm being much more realistic about what my life will look like/be like in the future, and I have to be honest and say it's probably not going to mirror what has gone before. Things that have been useful in the past, are not necessarily going to be needed in future. Time to get rid/pass on/sell etc.

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£10

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure