Max time before I file for a non delivered item on ebay.

Options
Hi,

I bought a low cost item from China last week of September, but haven't received it, though I messaged seller.

What is the max time that I can wait before I file a paypal claim, as I want to give seller a chance, also since so much time has passed, am I better asking for a refund, since I might run out of claim time?

Thanks for info

Comments

• MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Options
    Even stuff from China will have an expected delivery date. You will need to wait until the latest date has passed before you can make a claim anyway. I only order cheap stuff i dont care about from China. Expect crap quality tat if it turns up at all and you will never be disappointed and frequently be pleasantly surprised.

2 weeks is about the average. Much beyond this and its either on a world tour (happens a lot) or was never sent. If it goes past the latest estimated date from China then its probably not going to arrive so make an INR as soon as that date is past.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

I bought a low cost item from China last week of September, but haven't received it, though I messaged seller.

What is the max time that I can wait before I file a paypal claim, as I want to give seller a chance, also since so much time has passed, am I better asking for a refund, since I might run out of claim time?

Thanks for info

There's another thread running about delays in items from China that you might find interesting. The usual time is around 30 days, but I'm on day 50+ now for a handful of items.

However, in answer to your question, and as above, you can't even start an INR until the latest estimated date has passed, and then you have 30 days from that latest date in order to open it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • justaquestion
    Options
    Thanks for replies.
    Ok well on my Purchase History Summary on Ebay it says under the item, that I bought on 23 Septerber 16

Estimated delivery Thu, 13 Oct - Fri, 04 Nov

Will I just wait to after the 4 November before making a claim, and should I still make a claim even if the seller says he/she is going to send another item.

its only a £1.59 item but its the principle that counts.

Thanks
  • ontheup1972
    Options
    You have 30 days from the last day of the estimated delivery to open a claim on ebay.

On paypal it works differently - from the day of purchase you have 180 days to make a claim for item not received or not as described.
  • justaquestion
    Options
    Ah thanks for that, didn't realise I could either claim through ebay or paypal.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello there.
    I live in Asia so items I order from the states or any other country will take few weeks.
    Sometimes items come later than the estimated date due to shipping delays and etc.
    Maybe you could wait a few days after 4th november before you file a claim?

Another post for your count.
  • Smartsaver7
    Options
    Also be aware some post gets diverted to the customs hub from abroad for checking, I have also ordered from China, often coz haven't checked where located and has taken about 6 weeks one item I had to pay duty on at Post Office
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure