shocked, ney, stunned

no real advise needed in this post, just thought i would post this as i am really happy.

so what am i happy about.......

well around 3 months ago i went to buy myself some new trousers and shirts for work, and got really down because i had to get a 38 inch waist trousers and XL shirts, as i am only 5 foot 9 that isnt good lol, at that point i got my mojo and thought, f this for a game of dominoes i need to do something about this.

so i started eating healthier and less, ie no more mid morning cakes or other bad food, havent really bother with going to the gym etc, just started walking a bit more etc

so why am i happy now, well i have just been shopping for new jeans, and have had to buy a 32 inch waist, in which i still need a belt on, so thats 6 inch from my waist in 3 months, like holy cow!!!! go me haha, saying that i actually have no idea how much weight i have actually lost as i dont own any scales, but certainly feeling good about things
Drop a brand challenge
on a £100 shop you might on average get 70 items save
10p per product = £7 a week ~ £28 a month
20p per product = £14 a week ~ £56 a month
30p per product = £21 a week ~ £84 a month (or in other words one weeks shoping at the new price)

Comments

• room512
    room512 Posts: 1,412
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well done. No wonder you are pleased :beer:
  • JP08
    JP08 Posts: 851 Forumite
    gonzo127 wrote: »
    saying that i actually have no idea how much weight i have actually lost as i dont own any scales, but certainly feeling good about things

You're absolutely right in this attitude. Who cares what you weigh ? You're the size and shape you wanted to be. That was the aim. It amazes me how few people actually grasp this simple concept.

Extremely well done.
  • Well done gonzo. You got on top of the problem before it got too out of control.

Mind you, if mens clothes are anything like womens there's a lot of variation in the sizing, lol. Marks and Sparks clothes come up massive! Think they're trying to convince women that they're a svelte size 10 when they've actually got a waist that measures more than 30 inches!
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,267
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    Similar story to me - went trouser shopping a couple of years ago and found a 36 inch waist was tight - didn't believe it as I had 34's I could still get into OK, so measured myself and was actually 38 :eek: The 34's I was OK with were clearly "vanity sized"!

Anyway all I did was cut out snacking and did a bit more walking (regular 30 mins every lunchtime instead of occasionally) and now down to 34.

I realised that a lot of my unhealthy eating was to make other people happy, not me. For instance people who buy cakes at work for their birthday where it feel rude to say no, or when you're at friends'/relatives' houses and they offer you cakes/snacks, or out for a meal and someone wants puddings and you think it'll make them feel guilty or a fat pig if you say no.
  • xbrenx
    xbrenx Posts: 962
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Absolutely fantastic!! Well done :j
  • Well done you. I love that you haven't bothered getting weighed and have just gone off the fit of your clothing, or not fitting in your case. It's a much better attitude to have. I may just take a leaf out of your book, thanks for the inspiration:T
  • marisco_2
    marisco_2 Posts: 4,261 Forumite
    Awesome, well done you. So nice to see a happy post on here
    The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own, no apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.
  • Good on you��
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport