Dominoes deal-NOT

curty510
curty510 Posts: 189 Forumite
edited 24 October 2016 at 10:36AM in Praise, vent & warnings
My daughter ordered an online Pizza delivery, used a code online to get 50% off, the deal showed up on the screen and she paid. Upon checking her bank account the 50% had not been applied and the full amount taken from here bank.

She has phoned dominoes and they have admitted that it is their fault as the code was correct, the screen showed the discount had been applied but the full amount was taken. She requested a refund of just the incorrect 50%, but they said they cant action a refund, and they can put a credit on 'an account' for her to use!! I stepped in and said that we will be going to the bank this afternoon to initiate a charge back if she is not contacted by a supervisor and refund issued by lunch today-so will update.

Any one had this? also might be worth checking your bank account if you have made an online purchase.
debt free, savings in the bank

Comments

• It is only cheese on toast made to look like food. Next time make your own.
  • What is wrong with having a credit? at least the next time she buys a dominoes she will not have to pay full price.
    This country...
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    A credit means that the recipient is obliged to use that company again in order to receive said "refund". As such a credit isn't a refund. :)

Some posters... ;)
  • Shrimply
    Shrimply Posts: 869
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What is wrong with having a credit? at least the next time she buys a dominoes she will not have to pay full price.
    This country...

Why should someone that was overcharged by a company be expected to use them again to get their money back.

Why doesn't every company just charge double for every order then only give it back as credit. Great way to double sales.
  • Shrimply wrote: »
    Why should someone that was overcharged by a company be expected to use them again to get their money back.

Why doesn't every company just charge double for every order then only give it back as credit. Great way to double sales.

Come next Monday she might want some of Franks delicious hot wings from Dominoes, and she will have a touch when she see's she has some credit in her account. Win win
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I used the same voucher code last weekend, it was 50% off over £50, so if Dominos charged OP's daughter the full price then that's at least £25 they've taken in error.
    I don't see any reason why they can't give her a refund, did she phone the local branch or head office?
  • curty510
    edited 27 October 2016 at 12:11PM
    What is wrong with having a credit? at least the next time she buys a dominoes she will not have to pay full price.
    This country...

she doesn't use dominoes that much, She purchased it as a one off. A 'credit' means she then has to use her own money that was mistakenly taken from her bank account to spend on that company only, not where she likes, ie like the rest of us do!

Would you be happy to buy a car for £25,000, have £50,000 taken from your account, not receive a refund, but be offered £25,000 credit at your local car dealership? I doubt it

This country!!!!!
  • curty510
    I used the same voucher code last weekend, it was 50% off over £50, so if Dominos charged OP's daughter the full price then that's at least £25 they've taken in error.
    I don't see any reason why they can't give her a refund, did she phone the local branch or head office?

She called the head office, the guy said he would get a manager to contact her the next day to sort out. They never bothered, so I instructed my daughter to get the bank to carry out a chargeback/recall. Now they can chase her up for the payment, might offer them credit note....
  • curty510
    Come next Monday she might want some of Franks delicious hot wings from Dominoes, and she will have a touch when she see's she has some credit in her account. Win win

or perhaps she might fancy going to TGI fridays, Frankie & Bennys, or any other of the numerous restraunts/takeaways in our area, as it is her money she can have the choice to go where she likes.
  • curty510 wrote: »
    she doesn't use dominoes that much, She purchased it as a one off. A 'credit' means she then has to use her own money that was mistakenly taken from her bank account to spend on that company only, not where she likes, ie like the rest of us do!

Would you be happy to buy a car for £25,000, have £50,000 taken from your account, not receive a refund, but be offered £25,000 credit at your local car dealership? I doubt it

This country!!!!!

LMAO @ Your example.

Go to the Pizza store and demand your money back and say I love Pizza Hut more!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure