Got a copy of my ESA Medical Report

Options
2»

Comments

• Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do appeal. But don't expect the decision to change at MR stage.

For the MR - would it be possible to attach a copy of the Tribunal decision and a letter from your GP confirming that your condition has not changed since 2014?

Info on Regulations 35 & 29 (significant risk to health) here:
    http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/making-exception

I would strongly agree with NeilCr about getting help with the appeal.

A couple of sites which may be useful:
    http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance
    http://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal (Deals with PIP, but the appeal process is virtually the same as ESa).

Good Luck
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Alice_Holt
    Options
    Are you in receipt of PIP?
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • flyer2306
    Options
    Hi Alice
    thank you for your reply. i do intend to appeal again. just waiting for the decision letter. I'm praying by some miracle that i'll continue esa.. but don't hold out much hope unless the decision maker takes notice of what is written in my ESA50.. but for them to take my word over the WCA report i find highly unlikely.

I'm not getting PIP.. I've not claimed it as the process claiming esa since 2013 has been extremely stressful. A lot more stressful that i thought it would be. It seems PIP is harder to be awarded than ESA and if i'm struggling with an ESA Award i don't think i stand a chance with PIP. I'm a little more confident with my ESA as i have me previous trubinal award letter from 2014. I think the supporting letter from my GP for this assessment states how long i've had the conditions so i think that confirms nothings changed since last time;
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    flyer2306 wrote: »
    Hi Alice
    thank you for your reply. i do intend to appeal again. just waiting for the decision letter. I'm praying by some miracle that i'll continue esa.. but don't hold out much hope unless the decision maker takes notice of what is written in my ESA50.. but for them to take my word over the WCA report i find highly unlikely.

I'm not getting PIP.. I've not claimed it as the process claiming esa since 2013 has been extremely stressful. A lot more stressful that i thought it would be. It seems PIP is harder to be awarded than ESA and if i'm struggling with an ESA Award i don't think i stand a chance with PIP. I'm a little more confident with my ESA as i have me previous trubinal award letter from 2014. I think the supporting letter from my GP for this assessment states how long i've had the conditions so i think that confirms nothings changed since last time;
    PIP and ESA are completely different. One is a disability benefit, people claim this and work as well. The discriptors are totally different. Take a look at this link. http://www.focusondisability.org.uk/personal-independence-payment-PIP-assessment-points.html it may be worth applying if you have difficulty in daily life, which is sounds like you do. No harm in trying and you maybe surprised.
  • Alice_Holt
    Options
    As poppy says no harm in trying for PIP.
    Perhaps after you've got the correct ESa decision.

Your local CAB may be able to help with the form. Do have a chat with them.
    Some details about PIP:
    http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-self-test
  • flyer2306
    Options
    You are right, i have nothing to lose applying for PIP. I think i will, i feel i meet the criteria for it. I also want to say that i have today raised the issue with my MP and i've also filed a complaint with Maximus who did the assessment. Not hoping to get anything out of the complaint but it does say that if they look at the report and find any inaccuracies they will inform the DWP of them.

All they need to do is listen to their copy of the tape recording and match it up to the report and they will see a LOT of differences.. I understand the DWP aren't interested in the tape recording and this will only come useful for tribunal is that right?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure