Going to fail with rent payment - help please!

Options
2»

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    Mersey wrote: »
    And here's the notice to quit (which you stated didn't exist) - 'just so you know for next time' ;)
    Tenancy agreements: a guide for landlords (Scotland) - Scotland has different laws to England and wales....
    www.gov.uk/tenancy-agreements-a-guide-for-landlords-scotland/ending-a-tenancy

High Court enforcement still use that term (and Writ of Fi Fe) in England & Wales too, even though the Court forms were changed over a decade ago, so yes, I see what you mean re everyday usage can be confusing, as people use the wrong - included outdated - terminology. In the same way a Letter Before Action became a Letter of Claim 18 years ago. - There you go. I have learned something!

A bit like 'common law wife' and 'Small Claims Court' [neither exist here but are used a lot in everyday usage, sadly]

I presume you are based in Scotland? In which case i'lll defer to your knowledge north of the border. But in E&W a notice to quit does not exist.
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    sams247 - as well as the DWP's Flexible Support Fund (for eg your travel costs), there's also:

* UC Hardship Fund - similar but slightly different to the JSA scheme. You can apply at the JobCentre Plus office. It isn't taxable or repayable, so is for those in real need of heating, clothes, etc. You can appeal any refusal by requesting a mandatory reconsideration of any decision to refuse your request.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • sams247
    sams247 Posts: 1,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you all - followed advice
      To those who are given much, much is expected
    This discussion has been closed.
    Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
    • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
    • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income