Medical incident at work - New Suit ruined - Whose responsible?

Options

Comments

• Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    Do you think he asked for an itemised list of things that were used as pillows and who they belonged to?
    If he didn't he should have some consideration of what he may have ruined, regardless of whether it was intentional or not.
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    Jesus. I am so glad I am not either of you.
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    Jesus. I am so glad I am not either of you.

Just imagine being the poor guy who suffered the fit in his first few days in a new job and then realises just what his fellow employees are like!

I'm so glad I've never met anyone in real life like either of these two!
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Soak the jacket in some biological washing powder overnight in warm water. It will come out. Put it on a hanger to dry.
    Then get it cleaned to get the nice press & finish on it.
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    Nicki wrote: »
    Just imagine being the poor guy who suffered the fit in his first few days in a new job and then realises just what his fellow employees are like!

I'm so glad I've never met anyone in real life like either of these two!
    So again, if it was you that had the fit you would feel it ok not to ask after other peoples property and making sure it was not damaged?
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • Nicki
    Options
    Again because you aren't hearing if I'd had the fit I wouldn't remember what had happened and would have no clue anyone's property had been destroyed.

When the employer is likely to compensate the OP for his suit jacket why oh why would you want to humiliate a new colleague by bringing this up with them. Words completely fail me!

I don't have epilepsy by the way but my child does and as a result a few colleagues who also have it have confided in me so I've got a reasonably good idea of the stigma it carries in the work place.
  • theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,314 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So again, if it was you that had the fit you would feel it ok not to ask after other peoples property and making sure it was not damaged?

I have never experienced blood stains which I couldn't get out easily, so would not leap to the conclusion that anything had been ruined - and I don't think it should have been if treated properly and promptly. Leaving it until it dried was ridiculous advice from Timsons from the point of view of the stain - if correct from the point of view of their machines and procedures.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    Nicki wrote: »
    Again because you aren't hearing if I'd had the fit I wouldn't remember what had happened and would have no clue anyone's property had been destroyed.

When the employer is likely to compensate the OP for his suit jacket why oh why would you want to humiliate a new colleague by bringing this up with them. Words completely fail me!

I don't have epilepsy by the way but my child does and as a result a few colleagues who also have it have confided in me so I've got a reasonably good idea of the stigma it carries in the work place.
    You clearly are not listening.

The recent posts have been about if you were the person having epilepsy, not the person who had the coat.

If it were me and I had a fit I would be asking if everyones clothes were ok, you seem to think its ok not to do this which is of course your perogative to potentially ruin peoples items(again...whether intentionally or not)
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    theoretica wrote: »
    I have never experienced blood stains which I couldn't get out easily, so would not leap to the conclusion that anything had been ruined - and I don't think it should have been if treated properly and promptly. Leaving it until it dried was ridiculous advice from Timsons from the point of view of the stain - if correct from the point of view of their machines and procedures.
    But surely you would check, Nicki seems to think its ok to not bother even checking
  • Nicki
    Options
    Here you go if you have any interest in educating yourself so you stop coming across as insensitively as you do.

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/epilepsy-symptoms
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport