Carers running up massive bills using Mum's phone to log in!

Options
1235»

Comments

• mumps
    mumps Posts: 6,285 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    Hmm, sounds like all you would get is proof that they are on the phone and not necessarily that they are caring for your relative.

At least I would know they were in the building and I know in this particular case they would be engaging with her as she wouldn't give them any option.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,152 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mumps wrote: »
    At least I would know they were in the building and I know in this particular case they would be engaging with her as she wouldn't give them any option.
    Before she went into a care home, my Grandmother had Carers in twice a day. They had a do a write up in a book, that was left at my Gran's house. Things like, gave medication, prepared dinner etc. So you'd always know that they had been in the house.
  • Jamiesmum
    Jamiesmum Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »
    Before she went into a care home, my Grandmother had Carers in twice a day. They had a do a write up in a book, that was left at my Gran's house. Things like, gave medication, prepared dinner etc. So you'd always know that they had been in the house.

Yeah but what if they hadn't been? Calling in flags it up to the office that no one has been, then they chase up who + why. Or even if they've forgot to record in writing.

Yes it 'has' to be done - but daily record sheets aren't regularly checked by anyone other than carers. Infact, it's more for social services / CQC or in poor health/death so they can be read. Say she fell in and paramedics came, they could look + see what meds she has had that day and when etc.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,152 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jamiesmum wrote: »
    Yeah but what if they hadn't been? Calling in flags it up to the office that no one has been, then they chase up who + why. Or even if they've forgot to record in writing.

Yes it 'has' to be done - but daily record sheets aren't regularly checked by anyone other than carers. Infact, it's more for social services / CQC or in poor health/death so they can be read. Say she fell in and paramedics came, they could look + see what meds she has had that day and when etc.
    In my Grandmother's case, they were because we would read them when we called. I realise that isn't the case for the OP, but I was making the point that there is a documented record of getting a daily call not that you can park up and sit in your car and not go in (as has been suggested). If the write up was missing, that would be seen by the next lot of carers to go in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure