Ryanair cuts free check-in window to just four days

Options
1235»

Comments

• diver10
    diver10 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Family of 5 travelling to Ibiza for a week in July next year, outbound and inbound both with Ryanair, I got the email. We are not bothered about sitting with each other, all over 12 years.

Is it possible to allocate seats (i.e. pay for a seat) for just the return leg of the journey. I could theoretically check in for the return at home?

Or could this only be done on two separate bookings?
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    diver10 wrote: »
    Family of 5 travelling to Ibiza for a week in July next year, outbound and inbound both with Ryanair, I got the email. We are not bothered about sitting with each other, all over 12 years.

Is it possible to allocate seats (i.e. pay for a seat) for just the return leg of the journey. I could theoretically check in for the return at home?

Or could this only be done on two separate bookings?
    Yes it is possible now, but next July, it could be different.
  • diver10
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Yes it is possible now, but next July, it could be different.

Yep, I get your point. Anything could change!!!

Okay, if I use my iPhone app and do it that way for the return, can I have 5 boarding cards on 1 phone? If not, Is there a way of splitting them to each travellers iPhone?
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    diver10 wrote: »
    Okay, if I use my iPhone app and do it that way for the return, can I have 5 boarding cards on 1 phone? If not, Is there a way of splitting them to each travellers iPhone?
    Yes and yes! Everyone gets all the boarding passes and you can swipe through to whichever you want, or just swipe through all five on one phone. To get them on everyone's phone, you just put the booking details into each and it will download all the boarding passes on that booking.
  • diver10
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Yes and yes! Everyone gets all the boarding passes and you can swipe through to whichever you want, or just swipe through all five on one phone. To get them on everyone's phone, you just put the booking details into each and it will download all the boarding passes on that booking.
    Brilliant thanks. Bit of a mild pi$$3er to sort out on holiday but will have to do this or its another 90 quid on the booking for me to reserve seats.
  • Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Options
    Or you could just screen shot everyone's boarding passes, and what's app Them to the correct person.
    Saves messing about with one phone.
  • karenj
    karenj Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 October 2016 at 11:46PM
    Options
    Not a problem as I get the pass on my iPhone. Wouldn't necessarily agree with Ryanair being the cheapest though. At least 4 days is better than 24 hours like it is with Monarch, Norwegian and BA if you only have hand luggage. Although the fares from these last 3 airlines I've got much cheaper than Ryanair!!
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    karenj wrote: »
    At least 4 days is better than 24 hours like it is with Monarch, Norwegian and BA if you only have hand luggage. Although the fares from these last 3 airlines I've got much cheaper than Ryanair!!
    Also, there is no requirement with these three to actually check in online. They all support airport check in. With Ryanair, you must check in online to avoid a fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure