Barclays Infinite Credit Card?

Options
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody had a Barclays Infinite credit card.
I know it has recently been relaunched (and i'' not referring to the barclays wealth version).
It has some awesome perks, similar to Amex platinum, for a lower fee.
Seems like that nobody knows much about this card at barclays (Premier relationship team i spoke with never heard of it) but a manager from Barclaycard told me it's an invitation only card and your account has to be selected.
The card has recently been issued as a replacement to the old i24 card.

I'd like to get my hands on it, but finding any other info seems to be impossible!

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AlexPF wrote: »

I'd like to get my hands on it, but finding any other info seems to be impossible!

a manager from Barclaycard told me it's an invitation only card and your account has to be selected.

Doesn't that answer your question?
  • AlexPF
    AlexPF Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Doesn't that answer your question?

Was that my question? Or rather:
    I was wondering if anybody had a Barclays Infinite credit card

As it is not clear if the card has actually been issued.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd never heard of it, but an article about the UK's most exclusive cards has it in the top 5.

Whatever perks there are, I imagine they are fully charged for in the price.
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Was that my question? Or rather:

As it is not clear if the card has actually been issued.

You wanted to get your hands on it, the rest of it I took a fair guess you wanted to know how to sculpt your account or whatever to get the invite.

Any such card like the Amex Black card without limits (whatever it's called now, Centurian maybe?) will be for the most elite and rich, not Joe Bloggs who has to ask on a forum about getting one and it'll be kept quiet from normal staff to stop the oiks trying to get one. These sort of cards are aimed at people with more money than they could ever spend, who want the prestige of a card nobody can get which will never be refused and will attract a suitably high fee to go with the perks (which will almost certainly be available for a combined sum less than the annual fee)
  • AlexPF
    Options
    You wanted to get your hands on it, the rest of it I took a fair guess you wanted to know how to sculpt your account or whatever to get the invite.
    Glad you did, even if you didn't bring anything useful to the conversation.
    Any such card like the Amex Black card without limits (whatever it's called now, Centurian maybe?) will be for the most elite and rich
    The Amex card (Centurion), just so you know, has limits. Again, just so you know, it's not just for the most elite and rich, it's actually fairly easy to get if you pay business expenses with that.
    These sort of cards are aimed at people with more money than they could ever spend
    You like to guess, I understand. What @redux references to is the Infinite Wealth card, issued by a division of Barclays which is actually a different company, not Barclaycard.
    not Joe Bloggs who has to ask on a forum about getting one
    Anyway, mr Fred Bloggs, you are clearly trolling here with useless comments, so I'll let you go on with your quaint answers and just ignore you :)
  • book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    To be invited, I would think the criteria would be similar to the Barclays Premier bank account.
  • AlexPF
    Options
    To be invited, I would think the criteria would be similar to the Barclays Premier bank account.
    Hey, thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that does not seem to be the case, I would have expected the same however! (I'm a premier costumer myself)
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Glad you did, even if you didn't bring anything useful to the conversation.

The Amex card (Centurion), just so you know, has limits. Again, just so you know, it's not just for the most elite and rich, it's actually fairly easy to get if you pay business expenses with that.

You might be a little confused, your initial post said you wanted to get one not just that you wanted to find info about it. Re-read your post.

The AmEx Centurian (or black) is an invitation only card with both personal and business versions. The initial fee is not the issue (around $7500) nor the yearly fee ($2500), it's the $250,000 a year spend on a lesser card like the Platinum and annual income of about £1m a year and net worth of over $16m. So not "fairly easy" unless you win the lottery. As I said, it's for individuals with very high net worth, perhaps a little lower than those who qualify for the Palladium.

Also ill informed, the card has no limit beyond a possible pre-authorisation, a Chinese businessman bought a painting costing $170m on that card and purchases over $1m are recorded.

Anyway, mr Fred Bloggs, you are clearly trolling here with useless comments, so I'll let you go on with your quaint answers and just ignore you :)

You asked for information about an invite only card which most of the staff at the bank have not heard of. You seem to think it's some mysterious special card, 5 seconds on google found the welcome brochure for one and the details of the account - £50,000 balance in cash/investments, £300 a year fee, as well as a sample letter for the application

https://help.barclaycard.co.uk/resources/barclaycard-help/credit_cards/Barclays_Infinite_6650020.pdf

https://wealth.barclays.com/content/dam/bwpublic/global/documents/wealth_management/Visa%20infinite-terms-and-conditions.pdf

http://markhillonline.weebly.com/barclays-infinite-credit-card-emailer.html
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 13 October 2016 at 11:45PM
    Options
    I may add, that I had looked into this before and the cards you mentions are one and the same, available to Barclays wealth customer and Selected Premier customers. It is managed by Barclaycard and my understanding is that it works as a kind of chargecard if not a proper chargecard.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 14 October 2016 at 5:34AM
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    The AmEx Centurian (or black) is an invitation only card with both personal and business versions. The initial fee is not the issue (around $7500) nor the yearly fee ($2500), it's the $250,000 a year spend on a lesser card like the Platinum and annual income of about £1m a year and net worth of over $16m. So not "fairly easy" unless you win the lottery. As I said, it's for individuals with very high net worth, perhaps a little lower than those who qualify for the Palladium.

This is not correct.
    As AlexPF correctly pointed out this card does have limits, is not just for the elite and rich and is fairly easy to get if you use your Amex charge card for business travel expenses.
    What is required is to be an existing Amex charge card holder, put a reasonable amount of spend through the card (a business travellers spend not a billionaires spend), maintain an IMPECCABLE payment history, accept all upgrades (green to gold to platinum when offered) to display a willingness to pay higher fees and, above all else, BE PREPARED TO PAY THE HIGH ANNUAL FEE.
    The fee for the UK issued card is not the outrageous sum mentioned above although I believe the fees for the US card are higher. I don't know the current fee but around 10 years ago the fee was at £850pa. There was no additional joining fee. I think the $7,500 initial fee you mention above refers to a special US version of the card where the physical card is made of Titanium. The UK issued card is plastic.
    The UK card does not require the annual spend, income or net worth you suggest above.
    The 'no limits' bit is a myth. Amex say 'You are free to spend what you have shown us you can afford' or words to that effect. Amex will determine the limit for this charge card the same way as they determine the limit for any other charge card, based on the payment history and previous spending pattern.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure